Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.motogp.com/

Is anyone going to the motorcycle races in August? I'd love to go, but it's a bit of a trek from CA.

If anyone's been following the season, this kid from Spain, Marc Marquez has been torching everyone, even Valentino Rossi.

Marquez won the championships in both of the lower divisions a few years ago, then won last year at his first go in the premier class, the youngest ever to do so.. This year he's won the first nine races in commanding fashion. He's being compared to the best riders in history. If anyone wants to see a legend in the making, nows the time. He's only 21 YO and just on fire.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I follow the GP, marquez is doing pretty good, much of it though, IHMO has to do with the Honda's seamless gearbox and Rossi is doing what he can, but he isn't the same as before, he tends to make some weird mistakes which have allowed marquez to win in at least 3 races.

I dont think will attend the August rallies you mention but I'm riding about 600miles this weekend.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I follow the GP, marquez is doing pretty good, much of it though, IHMO has to do with the Honda's seamless gearbox and Rossi is doing what he can, but he isn't the same as before, he tends to make some weird mistakes which have allowed marquez to win in at least 3 races.
"Pretty good"? Marquez won the first nine races in a row! That's only been done once before. If he gets 10, I think it will be a new record. Some world champs in the past didn't even get that many victories in a whole season. Marquez has done it by summer break.

So far as the gearbox, his teammate and more experienced rider, Dani Pedrosa, is running the same box, but not winning. Dani's great, Marquez is better; he's a phenom.

And all due respect to Rossi, he's been great. The fact that he's still running in second for points at his age is a testimate to how good he is. But you're right, he's not the same as before. And With Marquez around, I don't think he's got a shot at another title. Time for the young bloods to have their shot.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I will go on Friday for practice, you can go just about anywhere along track to see the bikes running, cheaper and you can get right up to the garages.
Better viewing at home on TV for the race, and
the beer doesn't cost $10 bucks. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
http://www.motogp.com/

Is anyone going to the motorcycle races in August? I'd love to go, but it's a bit of a trek from CA.

If anyone's been following the season, this kid from Spain, Marc Marquez has been torching everyone, even Valentino Rossi.

Marquez won the championships in both of the lower divisions a few years ago, then won last year at his first go in the premier class, the youngest ever to do so.. This year he's won the first nine races in commanding fashion. He's being compared to the best riders in history. If anyone wants to see a legend in the making, nows the time. He's only 21 YO and just on fire.
It's seems that Valentino's best days are behind him as he can't even win a single race so far this year. Even in his best days he wasn't as hot as Marquez is right now. He's won every race so far this year and it wouldn't surpise me if he wins them all as it's as if he is just playing with everyone else on the track. Rossi the nine time world champion will probably never be on top again. Sooner or later Marquez's time will be over too but probably not for a long time since he is now just 21 years old and should have at least another 10 years of racing in him barring injury, death or losing his nerve like Casey Stoner did.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tis the story with many great athletes. The newbies outshine the veterans at some point. But Rossi had his day, and probably still would be in contention if not for the new kid.

Marquez just seems to be like a cat swatting around wounded mice out there. Once race he was in 10th place after a bad start and just picked off riders one-by-one, one each lap. By mid-race he was leading and won in with a commanding lead. Last week he started from the pits and still won. He's an exciting rider to be sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on this side of the pond.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that was disappointing.

Been looking forward to watching this race all weekend only to have the Fox sports feed cut out mid way through. They ran commercials for 15 minutes and came back on the last lap sans announcers. Just video of the lead bike and audio of the engine. Jees, what a jip!

But good race from what I saw. Marquez one his tenth in a row, every race so far this season.

Also a disappointment was the turn out. From what I saw in the stands, looks like maybe 10% capacity of Indy. Guess we'll never have MC acceptance like other countries. Would not be surprised if GP never comes to America again. Sigh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts