Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the first official set of Moto lights for a Burgman 650. Motolights sent me a few brackets and bolts so I could figure out what was the best combination for a proper fit. I installed the brake caliper version. Remove the bottom caliper bolt, install bracket and new bolt. Route wires, align lights and youre done. Took me approx 4 hours. Ive posted pictures in the new picture gallery.

http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/albums.php

-Bryan

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
So how did they work? Can you give an approx. estimation in the new illumination coverage you have gained?

Just checked on your pics and there not there.

·
Registered
308 Posts
allwalk said:
So how did they work? Can you give an approx. estimation in the new illumination coverage you have gained?

Just checked on your pics and there not there.
yup - looked too, no pics :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hope you don't mind If I post a couple of your pics here:

They look real good on the bike. Let us know how they work.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Motolights - power drain

Brain,

Do you know what the electrical draw is for those lights? They look great, but I just bought new Gerbing heated clothing (jacket liner and gloves) which draw more power than the old Widder stuff did, so I wouldn't want to overload the scoots charging system. I suppose I could always switch off the lights when I crank up the heat if need be...

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wattage is 35 watts x 2. I guess someone can do the math for the amp draw.

Impressions:

The fit and finish is A+++

The light is exactly like the low voltage track lighting M16 light bulbs. It gives off a nice bluish white light and compliments the headlamps nicely.

What I do not like is the fact the bulb has a non directional reflector. It shines light in a perfect round elipse. I would have perfered a wider lower shining light. I wanted more side spill and less light shining upwards to distract oncomming traffic. I aligned them perfectly according to directions but I sometimes get "flashed" by oncomming drivers. Since they mount to the brake caliper I cant bend them towards the side of the bike. I can only adjust them up and down. I may try lowering them to change the light throw.

The quality is perfect. But I would have liked more light directed to the sides.

-Bryan

·
Registered
689 Posts
Can you please tell me where I can get a set of the same fog light you installed, web site if there is one. They look really cool, I was thinking of installing a set of the side markers on the front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alternator

Motolights rock! I have them on my Beemer. Speaking of my BMW, it has a 700 watt alternator. I am also concerned about the charging power of the Burgman, and whether or not it will run my: Motolights, two heated vests, GPS, Hyperlites, etc, all at once. The heated vests and additional lighting are the only things that really draw a bit of power, out of all my toys. So, how many watts is the alternator on the Burgman?

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
burg650 said:
Can you please tell me where I can get a set of the same fog light you installed, web site if there is one. They look really cool, I was thinking of installing a set of the side markers on the front.
Sorry I missed this post before:

http://www.motolight.com

-Bryan

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Re: Alternator

garylspolar said:
So, how many watts is the alternator on the Burgman?
According to the manual, you shouldn't hook up more than 120 additional Watts through the voltage adapter. That implies:

120 Watts/12 Volts = 10 Amps

If anyone has a better qualified number, I'd like to have it too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts