Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all I have to say is WOW

used on my 2008 Burg tupperware...and WHAT a difference, the plastic was looking old and greyish....now its shinnnnny and smooth....

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Did it really get it black again? I hate the oxidized look on the plastic now. I've tried just about everything and can't get it actually black.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can say this from personal use. Eventually it goes back to the original oxidized look but I agree it looks very nice for a while.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I love this product. Use it on all my crap, on the Burgman it gave it an extra pop. The trick is to remember to rub it in let it sit and rub more in. This stuff absorbs into the plastic pretty fast. Mine has been on for a while and sits in the sun in San Dieog with no problems. Will you have to reapply? Of course. It wears off being its not a perfect solution. They do make paint designed for plastics on cars that you can respray Tupperware.

·
Registered
512 Posts
How does it compare to spray, wipe in wipe off armorall?

·
Registered
175 Posts
How does it compare to spray, wipe in wipe off armorall?
From what I recall Armorall will make the plastic shiny even when it's dull looking but will not remove the white residue wax and weather oxidation leave behind.

Mothers back to Black removes all of that so a huge difference.

IMO using Armerall after using Mothers back to Black to clean the plastic would not be a bad combination but would suggest to make sure it's all dry to prevent any kind of chemical reaction (if any would occur).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
939 Posts
My fav about mothers is being it's a gel. I use a towel, apply some to the rag and control the no over spray factor. ( I am bad at over spray)

·
Registered
512 Posts
From what I recall Armorall will make the plastic shiny even when it's dull looking but will not remove the white residue wax and weather oxidation leave behind.

Mothers back to Black removes all of that so a huge difference.
OK, so as I have no oxidation or weathering I may as well stick with the armorall, which I already have a near lifetime supply of.
Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use the Armor All wipes, they have worked great on my 07 Majesty.
Just the other day someone ask me if it was new.
I tried the Armor All Clean wipe, but I didn't like it as well as the regular wipes.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Over here it is rumoured that these products are no more than cooking oil in a fancy wrapper at a very fancy price.

·
Registered
494 Posts
A friend just converted a old diesel wagon (a Merc I think) to a used cooking oil system. Smells like french fries most of the time while driving around! If Back to Black smelled like french fries I would detail my Burg 200 more often! I did use some of this Mothers Tire Shine on my wife's Spyder that smells like grapes! Smells yummy for about a day or 2 depending how well I detail the bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts