Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - more details later, but I'm wondering who among us has ridden the most miles in one day...?

I rode from Phoenix to Tombstone and back in one day. Left at 7 am and got home at 8:30 pm - many stops along the way. Bill Vincent and I rode together for the Tucson to Tombstone and back to Tucson leg of the journey.

Anyway, my total miles at the end of the day: 466 miles.

Result: one very sore bottom, aching back, and a grin from ear to ear.

I'm sure there are some veteran riders out there that have done many more miles than that, but on their Burgman? Come on, anyone?

I'd guess anyone with over 700 miles in one day should get an honorary "Iron Burgman Butt" award.

I'm shopping for a gel seat to use next time. I actually, after shopping at three cycle shops the day before, settled on a bicycle gel seat, and it did seam to help...some.

My Utopia backrest helped with the back...some.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mileage

Hey Flint! I only clocked 205 miles on our little jaunt. My butt & back were complaining too....I don't know how you made that extra mileage without keeling over. Gel seat is a great idea...I started looking around today but haven't hit the bicycle shops yet. I think you definitely get the Iron Burgman Butt Award. Had a great time & sore butt or not I couldn't wait to get on my Burgy this morning to head out to work! Be safe & keep it upright!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a friend who owns a Silver Wing and his wife rides a Burgman 650. They did a Saddle Sore 1000 on their maxiscooters last year. That would be 1000+ miles in 24 hours for the Iron Butt Association, for those who don't know. This year they are deciding between doing 1500 miles in 36 or 24 hours. (I think they're both crazy!)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow

Holy Cow. :shock: If my math is correct, then they would have to AVERAGE >60 mph for 24 hours to hit 1500 miles. (60 mph x 24 hrs = 1440 miles)

Unless they plan on strapping a huge gas tank to their bike, or fueling while riding somehow, I think doing 1500 in 24 hrs would be near impossible.

I would think their buttocks would hurt for a month...

Not worth the distinction in my book! :roll:

·
Registered
793 Posts
When I do intracontinental motorcycle motel hopping, I'm sure to use a swimming pool
to limber up from a days ride to sleep better.

A daily swim builds muscle stamina for the next days ride too.

The Japanese that build motorcycles and cars are required to do jumping-jacks and
other aerobic exercises before assuming stationary work positions at factories all
over the world.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Re: wow

flintbobbi said:
If my math is correct, then they would have to AVERAGE >60 mph for 24 hours to hit 1500 miles. (60 mph x 24 hrs = 1440 miles)

Unless they plan on strapping a huge gas tank to their bike, or fueling while riding somehow, I think doing 1500 in 24 hrs would be near impossible...
They plan on doing the run through North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota. All of these states have an Interstate speed limit of 75 mph, which most people ignore and drive faster than that.

1500 miles divided by 75 mph = 20 hours.

That still doesn't leave a lot of leeway, but it is doable. Not for me though.

My longest day on my Burgman 650 was riding 2-up with my wife from Door County, Wisconsin back home to Minnetonka, Minnesota. That was 400 miles in one day. It was also cool for most of the day and windy as all heck. It was a long 400 miles.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I've only had the bike a week, but I've already got a 340 mile day (last Thursday) and a 320 mile day (yesterday).

Next week, I'll get an earlier start. :wink:

·
Registered
135 Posts
last august i had a 490 mile day...245 each way from ft lauderdale to daytona and back only problem was a sore butt :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mileage... lol

Hubby and I did a run from Homosassa to the bottom of Lake Okeechobee and back.. we are thinking it was some 650 miles.. but we did it in two days.. I ride my Burger 400 it was great.. no back pain.. no sore butt... even over 5 miles of (what the hell did they do to 441?) road... great trip.. this weekend over... we clocked 750 miles. :shock: :lol: :roll:

·
Registered
100 Posts
miles

last sept. rode to calif. & back 2800 miles in 7 days. just recently rode to bisbee ariz. about 800 miles in 2 days of riding.+ about 100 miles while in bisbee exploring stuff.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
flintbobbi said:
...Anyway, my total miles at the end of the day: 466 miles.
Holy Cow! I just did a 680 mile round trip, but I took 2 days to do it. 6 1/2 hours each way, with 10 minute gas stops twice each leg, and 30 minutes for lunch. And I thought THAT was a crazy way to spend a day! 466? Ow. My gluteus maximus is screaming at my gluteus medius just thinking about it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Re: You can hear the whistle 2000 miles

lifegetter said:
Two thousand miles in 3 days. Over 1000 miles in the last 21 hours.
****! What are you made of?

I did 1025 in 24 hours driving from North Carolina to Maine. Slept for 4-1/2 hours in Harrisburg, PA. It took another day just for my brain to catch up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The first day on the way to scootercade we did 425 miles, took about 8 hours, but we went on the interstate on the way up, and on the way back our first day we did 464. It took us about 10 1/2 hours, but we took a more scenic route on the way home. I was pretty tired, I don't think I could ever do 1000, I would be lucky to make 500.

·
Registered
47 Posts
long, long ride

Hey Flint,
Just came across this post again. I relocated to Tennessee and rode my Burgey from Tucson to Nashville in 3 1/2 days......1675 miles door to door! No soreness or stiffness.....gotta love that Corbin seat! Also have the XXL Clearview shield. Great protection but big trucks can be a problem on the highway.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
512 the first day I owned Flash, my 400. Bought her in Missouri and drove her back to Texas. Beautiful ride through some pretty country.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
flintbobbi said:
Hey - more details later, but I'm wondering who among us has ridden the most miles in one day...?
I did two 1,000+ mile days six days apart last summer.

Vancouver, British Columbia to Coalinga, California on September 8th, 2005, and Tijuana, Mexico to Seattle, Washington on September 13, 2005.

You can read the whole story here: http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8022

1 - 20 of 57 Posts