Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just replaced his air cleaner element on his 04 Burgman with a K&N element. He said,come here and ride this thing. I took off and came back mumbling and ask him what he did to it. He told me, and I rode 20 over all the way to my dealers to order one for my 03 Burgman. His was a 400 and mine is a 650. I ASSumed they could order me one. NOPE!!! So, I E-mailed K&N and with a whats up, and they said go away!!!! I bought an OEM replacement and mailed to their R&D dept. They sent it back. ( Go away) I then E-mailed Malcolm Smith Motorsports in Riverside and they called K&N and offered to deliver a new 650 Burgman on loan to them to use as a pattern to make us an A/clnr. element They told them not to bother as they have "no plans" to make us a filter element. Help out there, if anyone else might be interested in a cheap Hop-Up,PLEASE E-mail : [email protected] and tell them you are proud of your Burgman and it deserves a treat!! :laughing3:

·
Registered
611 Posts
FWIW: I like the K&N filters for high performance applications, but they do make the engine more tempermental to atmospheric changes, such as pressure, humidity and temperature changes. I don't plan on using one on my Burgman.

Before you go to clean the paper filter element in the 650 - have a spare sitting on the shelf. Blowing or vacuuming a little too hard in one spot can damage any air filter - and a spare will provide insurance with no shelf life (unlike tires and oil).

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
May I suggest a pair of cut down pantyhose and a nice big rubber band in lieu of the element?

·
Registered
201 Posts
If K&N "treats" its potential customers this way, maybe it's time for another vendor to take its place IMHO.

Try this link: http://www.bmcairfilter.com/VisMake.asp

They make washable air filters for Burgmans as well as other cycles. BTW, thanks "Buffalo" for the thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts