Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I did this when I first joined the board and am doing it again to get some feedback. I've decided that I'll likely go with a white 650 and carry over some of the things from the 400. So I borrowed a few pics from the gallery and this is the result so far.

650clusternight.jpg 650cluster.jpg 001.jpg 002.jpg 004.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Pretty darn sweet! I really like the white in general, and the black plastic into white looks even better. Two things that stand out to me... the different angle of the 2 blue stripes are distracting. Also, there is a panel to the left of the center glove box. It's meant to look as one unit, so that would look better in silver as well. One more: it won't look good without a fenderectomy!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Colchicine said:
Two things that stand out to me... the different angle of the 2 blue stripes are distracting.

Also, there is a panel to the left of the center glove box. It's meant to look as one unit, so that would look better in silver as well.
Ah, easy fix for the stripes since it's divied up in layers. As for the glove box, must not have noticed the dividing line on that side
oops. Fenderectomy you say....

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Yeah, those were insignificant details. But my concern about the painted black plastic is that the engine cover requires a bit of flexing to get it on and off. If one person is doing it, it's almost impossible to keep the plastic sliding on each other. I'm thinking that would scratch the paint.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then, perhaps white vinyl dye would be better suited?

·
Registered
834 Posts
How about white epoxy paint like they use for bath tubs?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trick with that, would it be flexible enough to take the stress of panel removal?

·
Registered
834 Posts
They use it on plastic bath tubs and showers. The floor of the showers flex when you get in them and the tubs flex when you fill them up. Though they don't flex much but you could try it on some scrap to see how much flex they could take.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, pricey stuff?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Possibly, quite possibly.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Very sweet!! I especially like the white back lit LCD instrument panel idea.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, that's bout the only thing I could come up with regarding that since there's no "Layout" per say like the 400's have. Only other thing that can be done would be to change the style of the other indicators that use overlays like the bottom row below the main screen and ones to the sides. Other colors could be used for those as well. Only thing left would be the rpm range font after that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Added two more photos to top post...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Like the instruments. How'd you do it?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, being a photoshop rendering only I can only speculate how the assembly comes apart. I assume it just has plastic clips to for the clear cover like my 400 and the trim lays on top similarly. Beyond that I'd assume there is some sort of screws on the back side of the unit that holds the board in place. Unless I get a spare to play with or get the bike finished maintenanced and sold, will have to wait on the details.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I really don't like the standard yellow color of the instruments.
The white background is easier to see. My previous SV650
had a much better white backround.

The instrument panel on the EXEC is tougher to pull out because of the
moving carriage for the windshield.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Better be careful with all these customizations! You're not far from me and I might have to drop of my Exec for you to 'tweak'. :D

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MyWifeSaidYes said:
Better be careful with all these customizations! You're not far from me and I might have to drop of my Exec for you to 'tweak'. :D
Not a problem :lol:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, it's official now. I own an 09' white 650. Though it probably won't look like this for long :lol:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 185 Posts