Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, what a great forum! I live in northeast Louisiana and purchased a 650 last Thursday, boy, Burgmans are in short supply around here. I finally got all properly licensed and insured today as this is my first motorized two wheeled purchase.

As I was telling my wife this afternoon, some of the air is out of the balloon since I had been riding around the neighborhood learning the scooter while avoiding John Law until I could get properly licensed.

My twenty-five year old son’s friends think I have officially crossed over to “Old Fartdom”. LOL, Kids!

Again, great forum, great info!

P.S. If anyone is from northern Louisiana, let me know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome! Surely a good thing to get the insurance, license, etc. I also presume you are at least signed up for the MSF course? Many here will tell you to park the bike in the garage until you take it. To protect your precious bike, as well as your body/brain. A few days ago there was a great thread for first timers: MSF, helmet, armored outerwear, boots, etc.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I used to live in West Monroe, worked at the Bowling Alley there for a short while, and at G.B. Cooley with handicapped kids. I really miss the Popeyes Chicken there, (the Popeyes here isn't as good) I also miss O'Bannions Pool hall. How are you guys holding up out there?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome mysteryfan and congrats on the Burgman. You're gonna love it. And I think you're gonna find that many of us here have as you say "crossed over into Old Fartdom" and loving it. My 26 year old son also has an 05 Burgman 650 just like mine (only his is silver) and he understands my love for riding it. He's one who doesn't think I've crossed over. If the others only knew what we know!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gunrun69,

We had a recent influx of new residence, approximately 2,500 in shelter, more in homes and churches. We are glad to help and the evacuees are grateful for all the assistance.

As for the MSF course, Yes I do plan to take the course, but I don't plan to watch my burgman collect dust until I do. I am very cautious as it is, I don't trust any vehicle in my vicinity or do I ride in excess of my limited ability. I've limited myself to the neighborhood until I have the MSF behind me.

This is a great site
!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum as well as the 2 wheeled world. Take it easy with that 650 of yours. The thing is so smooth that you will be going faster than you think in no time at all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
allwalk,

I hope you don't mind if I imitate your flame scheme, it looks awesome. I appreciate your how tos also, especially now that I plan to replace the windscreen. I've already found the buffetting to be a nuisance with stock windscreen.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Welcome! :D

We're just west of De Ridder across the line in Texas so not too far (<250 miles). Enjoy your new ride and remember that you are INVISIBLE out there! :shock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts