Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the The Givi windshield has mold marks at all of the contours. I thought this was odd possibly a defect. So I called Givi USA and asked if this was normal, they said it is like that on all of the winshields they had in stock. Just wandering if everyone else has noticed this on their's or am I just to picky?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't think that you're being picky.

If those tab markings cause you to get distracted or prevent you from
safely riding your Burgman, ask for a refund.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doesn't block view

They do not block my view they are just there. I think it takes away from the quality of my Burgman. If this is all that is avaiable I will sacrifice the quality for the benifts of wind protection.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: doesn't block view

norsmart said:
They do not block my view they are just there. I think it takes away from the quality of my Burgman. If this is all that is avaiable I will sacrifice the quality for the benifts of wind protection.
The Givi is not the only shield available for the Burgman 650. Clearview makes an excellent series - in several different sizes. I had a Givi, and switched to a Clearview. The Clearview looks great, and works better also.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Honestly, when I get my 650, I'm getting one of those short euro market screens. I'm 30 and used to riding sportbikes. I like the way the short screen looks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mold Marks

Hi everybody,

The Givi windshield has mold marks at all of the contours. This is, because in Europe the windshield must have rubber-band around the windshield to protekt the driver in case of an accident.
We all know, that´s stupid, but the law says so.
To affix the rubber and grant that it will stay there for long, GIVI (made in Italy) has a special glue and this marks.
So it is hard for us now, to remove the rubber-band.
I would like to put a picture of such a wind shield in the picture galerie, but I don´t know, how... :oops:

You can see it here until April 7th: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... gory=25640

Regards
Mike/Germany

1 - 7 of 7 Posts