Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on modifying the header to the exhaust pipe connection. Seems with higher mileage, I have broken a header bolt off twice now. I go through the lead gaskets pretty quick too. 5-6K miles is about the longest they last.

Has anyone cut the pipe placed a flex exhaust hose in there instead of the solid connection?

I bought this http://www.ebay.com/itm/310896247954?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 and plan to weld it onto the header and clamp it onto the tail pipe so it is still removable.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
When I Had the Stock Before Switching to the Yoshi,

I Welded the 2 Parts together and had leak free for a long time. the Weld does work, The only Problem that you will need to Weld it while on the Bike, Onless you can force it on when reinstalling it back on!! the bike.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like you had to remove the tail pipe with the header from the engine when you had to work on the brakes or change the rear tire. Is that right?

I am trying to avoid having to undo the header from the engine when the rear tire is removed. It would actually be nice not to have to remove the O2 sensor also. I may be able to move that up above the flex hose.

Once I get all the parts, i will post some pics. Basically I want the header -> O2 Sensor -> welded to one end of the flex hose -> the other end clamped to remainder of exhaust pipe so the muffler can be removed without removing the header or O2 sensor. Inline and in that order.

Since this muffler is attached to the swing arm, it moves separate from the header and the lead gasket gets worn down every time the rear suspension moves. I am trying to avoid that happening

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
It sounds like you had to remove the tail pipe with the header from the engine when you had to work on the brakes or change the rear tire. Is that right?

I am trying to avoid having to undo the header from the engine when the rear tire is removed. It would actually be nice not to have to remove the O2 sensor also. I may be able to move that up above the flex hose.

Once I get all the parts, i will post some pics. Basically I want the header -> O2 Sensor -> welded to one end of the flex hose -> the other end clamped to remainder of exhaust pipe so the muffler can be removed without removing the header or O2 sensor. Inline and in that order.

Since this muffler is attached to the swing arm, it moves separate from the header and the lead gasket gets worn down every time the rear suspension moves. I am trying to avoid that happening
Yeap!! Had to Remove the entire Exhaust just to Service the Rear Wheel, to Me it was much Simple that way utter chaos, But your looking for a quick Removal Setup, Now that flex pipe will work, if you can get Attachments on there for it, for Quick Removal..

Now the Yoshi has a 2 Peace set up where you remove just the Muffler and don't have to remove the header..

Now from the look of the Vibrant Stainless Exhaust Flex Pipe, is from the header you will need a Attachment that will Slide into it. and will will have to be a Tight tolerance that the Vibrant Stainless Exhaust Flex Pipe will Push into it. on both sides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts