Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever hear of Mobec sidecars? While surfing the web I came across some pics of one attached to a 650 that I thought looked rather interesting. The pages are in German. If you want to read the text you can try one of the web based translators ( ie at Google or Altavista).

Mobec Gipsy on Burgman 650

·
Registered
17 Posts
I could be mistaken, but I am pretty certain that the pics are of the Swiss made Armec Gipsy sidecar. Its interesting that its attached to a 650 (that is a 650, right?) because a guy I spoke to recently was told by either Armec or a distributor that they could not attach it to the 650--only to the 400. In any case, thanks for posting the link!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pauljo said:
Nice looking rig. It looks like the sidecar has small headlights?
There's a light built into the fender. Not sure if the ones one the front are lights, reflectors, or vents. :?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brad,

Just looked at the Armec site and the 2 sidecars look (almost) identical. It may be that they are the same sidecar and one of the 2 companies is rebranding. It is a 650 in those photos. They may not offer 'stock mounts' for the 650. It could be that they used custom mounts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What we really need is a German translator. In any case, its a really nice looking rig, and conveniently enough Armec paints their sidecar in a blue to match the Burgie.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Translation:

with MOBEC Gipsy Scooter three of the superlative new dimensions opens Burgman AT 650 also with the scooter bottom plates. Because with its temperful two-cylinder engine, full 55 HP, almost maintenance-free motor and an ingenious automatic gearbox Suzukis super Scooter bring along great conditions for the third wheel. Mobec recognized and offers the talents of the Klassenprimus promptly his bottom plate change in different stages of development. In the basic version Burgman its tyre, optional solo riding remains possible. The thought out connection system makes installation and removal of the boat the children's game. For endurance Mobec reequips the rear wheel on a wear resistant passenger car tire in 165/60 x 14. With a steering damper as well as a disc brake for the boat wheel further chassis accessories are available. As sidecar the internal Gipsy, or the Tremolino of Armec, when desired with aluminum rim, offers themselves both. Completely the bottom plate change costs starting from 5.200 euro.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
One question, are they available in North America? If not save the drool.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bill, thanks for the translation (guess I should have done that myself). Allan, if it is the same as the Armec Gypsy, as I'm pretty certain it is, it is available in the US. If any of you are interested in the sidecar/scooter combo (non-burgies), check out the pics on this web site. Very interesting stuff.

http://scooter.sidecars.home.comcast.net/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts