Grips? Tunes? Nitrous? Flames?
:happy7:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Priorities

In order of priority:

1. Topcase.
2. More comfortable seat - custom job if I can find it locally.
3. heated grips (you'd think in AZ I wouldn't need that!)
4. Pirelli tires (i'll need these in a few more months anyway)

I think that's it...Already have done the windshield. That was a huge improvement.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
ronniern said:
.... and a waffle house gps system that can smell out patty melts for miles
Now that's a mod that'd sell well around here. :lol:

·
Registered
969 Posts
With what the beast cost to begin with, I can't justify high cost mods like seats, etc. While the seat isn't the best, it's still good for a full day without a great deal of discomfort. I've had worse seats in cars, after all.

GPS? Nah. That's too much like asking for directions. Getting lost is half the fun!

NOS? Hmmmmmm . . . 8)

Most of all, I'd just like a bigger gas tank!

Steve

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I've got the Flames already but if your buying ,get me a corbin seat, Full set of Givi sidebags and top case, complete new riding gear for him and her. Get me trailer hitch set up and a trailer with all the new camping gear so I can hit the open road. Let me know if you have any more money left over and I will add to the list.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Have already:
  • heated grips[/*:m:cfruniie]
  • electric vest[/*:m:cfruniie]
Would like to have:
  • larger fuel tank[/*:m:cfruniie]
  • top case[/*:m:cfruniie]
  • auxiliary lighting[/*:m:cfruniie]
  • Mr. Turbo kit[/*:m:cfruniie]
Okay, maybe not the last one. :lol: Yep, 400cc single pushing out 150 hp sounds about right! :twisted:

Simon

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hell, I think everyone should just go to a factory, (I would even pay the plane fare) and sit on the scoot of their choice. From there the warm plastic would mould around your body for a perfect fit. I would also pay extra for that. And then you and the machine could ride off into the sunset in perfect harmony with the universe :!: Wouldn't that be cool? 8)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I'd like a Corbin seat, and 20 weight oil in the front forks. I doubt that I'll get to either of those this year. I am finding just too many things to spend money on - and not enough money to spend on them. :?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Rather than the auxillary lighting I just ordered some of the 60/55w bulbs to replace the stock 35/35w.

I want to add some of my led's to the tailight. Unfortunately my tools are all in storage.

A Corbin seat would be cool - but I'm going to reshape (cut down) my adjustable seat hump and see how that goes.

I have the GPS, I just need to mount it. Hmm, I'm really missing those tools.

As far as something I'd like to get to mount on the bike, that would just be an alarm.

I'd also like a 2 bike chatterbox system so Ann and I can get rid of our Motorola 2 way radios - but that's a cost issue... :(

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Realistically:
Taller windshield.
Custom seat.
(The bike wasn't meant for tall people.)

Possibly:
Top box to make up for loss of underseat storage from...
Larger fuel tank.
(I like touring.)

Just for fun:
Red lights and siren.
Black and white paint job.
(I'm such a kidder.)

·
Registered
63 Posts
CRUISE CONTROL

I hope that guy from England who is actually into testing a plug and play cruise control specifically made for the AN650 will soon send me some news.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
No $

Give it your love. Keep it clean as a surgury tool. People can see the respect when you can eat off it.

Otherwise, scrounge up a first aid kit, tire plugs, bicycle air pump. Any when you get ahead, go for the top box and seat.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Burgyboy said:
CRUISE CONTROL

I hope that guy from England who is actually into testing a plug and play cruise control specifically made for the AN650 will soon send me some news.
Haven't heard about a cruise control made specifically for the 650. Where did you find out about it?

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Personally? I'd like some "semi-ape-hangers" (with enough cable and tube to follow) and another 5 inches more of fork length, louder (kinda) exhaust, a manual transmission (something weird - like an old Vespa), and, of course, a bigger gas tank. Make it all blended, like a manofthecity "cruiser" thing. Oh yeah...wider floor boards - and green neon underbody luminz! :evil:

btw - i like both wind and no wind - go figure. Uh, well then, I guess I'd like a big-as_ electrically adjustable windshield too!

A new age chopper sport scooter!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I am certain that there is some kid in Japan or Europe who has done all that - and more. Personally, I've done the exhaust, but the rest of it doesn't interest me. A nice airbrush graphic would be cool though.

·
Registered
31,101 Posts
The question was about what we'd buy so that leaves out things like bigger gas tank. If I won a lottery, I'd ride to Redding, California and have Rick Mayer make me a genuine Mayer seat. There just ain't nothing that makes a ride more enjoyable.

·
Registered
63 Posts
billmeek said:
Haven't heard about a cruise control made specifically for the 650. Where did you find out about it?
See http://www.mccruise.com/UC_bike_range.html

I contacted them and they confirmed that the CC for the AN650 is being tested. They will contact me again as soon as it's ready to order.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Actually a bigger gas tank is something you could do. Ask any "Iron Butt" rider about adding auxillary tanks - the Burgmans have plenty of space under the seat to make a custom add on that fills from the standard fill.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts