Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The exhaust system finally arrived and it looks nice. I am painting the header pipe and mounting bracket flat black with VHT header paint for personal preference. I will do a before and after video for a sound comparison and if I have enough patience a How to DIY video of the install. The total cost delivered was $325.00

I have to Thank PJ's Parts for their wonderful customer service!!! They are a sports bike shop willing to help out the Scooter Nation and I give them PROPS!

Here are a few pics of the product unboxing.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Looks nice! can't wait till you have a review, even better with a video.

How much does it weigh?

How does the muffler attach to the pipe? Usually there are springs to hold it. Is there a clamp?

I notice the VHT flameproof - planning on painting it?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without weighing it I would say it is easy 10 lbs lighter maybe a little more.

It is clamped with a very substantial (not cheap or flimsy) stainless-steel clamp.

Yes, Painting and Curing the header pipe and mounting plate (see below)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I love that flameproof paint, the only paint I have found that can stand being painted on an exhaust. I used it on the exhaust on my Zuma. It does have to be cured in an oven which can be a bit smelly but totally worth it.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
But which oven are you guys curing such stuff in, don't tell only it's a kitchen one :confused:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
But which oven are you guys curing such stuff in, don't tell only it's a kitchen one :confused:
Yep! , why not? It gives off a smell while curing but other than that it is fine. If you are afraid of food contamination simple clean the oven after curing.

Is there a unit for the 650?
I did not see anything listed for the 650. They have one pipe for the pre 2007 and several for the 2007+.

http://www.mivv.it/en/

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
None for the 650's. :rolleyes:

My first impression is that the MIVV exhaust has a lower pitch and more throaty without being louder. See for yourselves.....

Here is a quick video comparing the OEM exhaust after 22,000 smiles and the New MIVV Exhaust.

http://youtu.be/1YeDl5jIfUI

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It does sound a LOT better. To me the stock pipe sounds a little too much like a lawnmower especially when at idle. This pipe has a deeper pitch than stock, more like a motorcycle should sound. You are right it doesn't sound much louder than the original. Is there a decibel killer built into this pipe?

·
Registered
151 Posts
ScooteReno,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to share the info about the MIVV exhaust. I think it looks and sounds great, plus the price is fair at $325!

Bruce

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Nice job Steve! Install looks good and the sound is kind of mellow, not a raspy noise. It doesn't sound much louder than stock.
Thanks for the video!!
Wes

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I must say I am Lovin the new Exhaust! It sounds so much more Motorcycle rather than Scooter and flows air much better. It even seems to start quicker with less effort too. I think MIVV got it right on this one. Now to see how long it lasts.;)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello, It looks pretty well, what is the part number for this exhaust system, Scootereno?
I guess Speedy beat me to it. :cool:
They did a nice job with the layout for it too!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Does the exhaust increase MPG?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Steve,

Rear tire changes? Can you just unbolt the muffler (and remove) on the new exhaust to give clearance for removing the rear tire/wheel?

Thanks!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Gpm? Even if it did increase MPG, I don't think for $350 it's going to pay for itself anytime soon. In my humble opinion, there's nothing wrong with the stock muffler. It does not rust like my Chinese Scooter did

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Gpm? Even if it did increase MPG, I don't think for $350 it's going to pay for itself anytime soon. In my humble opinion, there's nothing wrong with the stock muffler. It does not rust like my Chinese Scooter did
Hahaha! The stock muffler does rust terribly on the inside! Especially if you park it outside a lot. Lots and lots of threads on the subject (Do a search). When you hear the rattle it is only a matter of time. Trust me and the many others around the world that have documented the Rust issue thoroughly. Just like the tranny idler bearing will fail and the speedo sensor will break on all of our scoots.

Rear tire changes? Can you just unbolt the muffler (and remove) on the new exhaust to give clearance for removing the rear tire/wheel?
You can leave the header pipe on and just unclamp the exhaust and remove the mounting plate for easy access to remove the rear tire. So no more laying on your back trying to get to those silly allen head nuts that slide down the allen wrenches taking the header on and off. Hooray!

Does the exhaust increase MPG?
After running the first partial tank of gas out and refilling a couple times I have noticed the mileage is slightly better but....I have gone back to using NON-Ethanol gas again. So......probably not much difference due to the exhaust.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts