Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all... It's been a long time, but I'm back... been out of commission due to some unpleasant, unwanted, unavoidable female surgery... Doc just gave me the ok to get back on my Burgie, but I'll be taking it easy for a while yet...
Anyway, I was looking the scoot over the other day in anticipation of getting back in the saddle, and I noticed the little hole on the drive cover near the rear wheel. I couldn't tell if there should be a screw in there or not. Right now, it appears that there isn't. Should there be? (or is it that I just have a screw loose myself? :lol: )

·
Registered
806 Posts
Without a picture, it would be hard to say. Welcome back to the world of scooting!!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Diane,

Just looked at mine and you're probably missing a bolt.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Welcome back Diane,
There should be no open holes on the drive cover, If you want to be sure take out another bolt and see if it fits, It's not critical (I don't think) but do get a bolt if you need it.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
billmeek said:
Diane,

Just looked at mine and you're probably missing a bolt.
Can something like that just "fall" out, or was it something that wasn't replaced at the last service? I ride some pretty rough country roads... have no idea how long it's been missing...

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Screws and bolts can "go missing" on any motorcycle. It hasn't been a frequent problem on the Burgman 650 since the vibration level is fairly low - but I did lose one from a brake line hanger on the swingarm (above the muffler. When you wash a bike or scooter, it is a good idea to look carefully as you are drying it off for anything that might be loose or missing. When replacing any screw or bolt it is a good idea to put a dab of Loctite Blue on it to prevent a reoccurance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts