Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Your temps look a lot better than we have around here . I would be out riding with temps like yours all day. Big difference between "F" and "C"

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
No White Christmas for you. 8)
The only riding I've missed is when my beck was messed up.
I moved south to avoid the harsh winters and ride year-round because I can! :wink:

·
Administrator
18,379 Posts
Only one bike on the commute in this morning on the BLACK ICE express, MINE. :D I would normally see 3-4 but not one this morn. Yeah it was 24F when I left. I knew a few spots I was on ice but it was in a straight line and I was going slower than normal. Big difference from 27F and 27C. The convertion says 24F = -4.4444C.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Started the new year off right yesterday, rode the Silverwing about 35 miles in 23 degree temps, just because the sun was out and it gave me a break from Grand kids, don't ya know. I give thanks to Gerbing folks at a time such as this. At a younger age the cold didn't get to me quite as easily as it now does. The ride felt pretty good once tires were checked and I got all bundled up, and easin on down the road.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Cairns a bit more civilized - two more weeks I'll be lounging around here :D and taking the KLR out into the rain forest.

25°C | °F ?
Partly Cloudy
?Wind: SE at 16 km/h
Thu ?Fri ?Sat ?Sun
?Humidity: 83% ?
HI Lo
33° ?23°
?32° ?23°
?32° ?23°
?32° ?24°

Good old Pacific ocean. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I rise to any/all challenges. There isn't a temp. too cold for me to ride in. Its all about proper preparation. Don't tell me I am crazy because I already know that I am. By the way, Daboo, u made a good point on whether one should use/buy/obtain a more powerful horn, since that takes precious seconds from responding to an adverse situation. That is y I taped my kill switch. I would not think of activating it in an emergency, so I taped it shut so that I don't accidentally activate it and wonder y my 400 wont start.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Winter is precisely why I ride every day in the Spring, Summer and Fall. However today was a lovely 18F and the roads were mostly clear, lets roll.

That's me Burgman behind the pie shaped island. Sorry made it with my Blackberry.

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts
Scootertrash said:
Started the new year off right yesterday, rode the Silverwing about 35 miles in 23 degree temps, just because the sun was out and it gave me a break from Grand kids, don't ya know. I give thanks to Gerbing folks at a time such as this. At a younger age the cold didn't get to me quite as easily as it now does. The ride felt pretty good once tires were checked and I got all bundled up, and easin on down the road.
I celebrated the new year by riding my 650 New Years day too. 24F

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
I rode the 400 to the in-laws for good company, food and football games, then left early and headed to the jail. Temp was just above freezing, but it was a great ride. Probably put in a hundred miles to start the year. The only thing missing was the rain.

Chris

·
Administrator
18,379 Posts
This morning it was 20F when I left for work at 6:30 AM. At 6:30 this evening on the commute home I ran in to "FAT RAIN", you know, the slushy White stuff. It was splatting on the screen most of the way home. Its now 8:21PM and 35F and rain rain rain. If the temps drop in the Morn it will be a skating rink out there and I will not ride.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
280 Posts
Out an about on my burgie here in Melbourne today where it was 45deg C as indicated by the temp on my bike. Only relief was the sea breeze while cruising around the bay and the cold one at the end of the ride. :cheers:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Daboo said:
I rode the 400 to the in-laws for good company, food and football games, then left early and headed to the jail. Temp was just above freezing, but it was a great ride. Probably put in a hundred miles to start the year. The only thing missing was the rain.

Chris
Woow I thought your jails were bad but we dont get those perks in ours, do they supply/rent the burgie. or is it a early release program LOL hehehehe :p :p :cheers:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Every Jail should come equipped with a Daboo. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Most jails DO have a Daboo...
except they usually call him Padre'....
or maybe Chaplain...
& most don't ride a scooter... :lol:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Daboo said:

Chris
You're complaining about not having rain? You live in the land of the rare sunny day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The high today was 59 with very little wind. I Open the garage door and My Burgman and I took to riding . We got a kicks on Rout 66 in Kingman Arizona.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Those temps are Summer temps in Vancouver! I've been riding in my daily commute to work in 1C or 34F for my US neighbors. Some frost on the road when I leave in the morning but sticking to the main roads helps. I do "cheat" though! I ride with a heated jacket and glove liners so I am pretty toasty by the time I get to work. Can't deal with the cold as well now that I am getting older! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts