Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the Final Drive oil today on my 2012 400 and discovered I don't have a Trans air filter. I used a tutorial from this forum so the info is dated, is my scooter missing a filter or were they done away with at some point ??

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have one on my 2012. It's on the forward part of the CVT area. A circular one. Sure you didn't just not see it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope,Not there even took a Photo. The two fasteners and what would be a retainer are aslo not there....very Strange.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Must have been break time. I'd go to the dealer and see if they will GIVE you one. If not, it's a simple foam filter you can get almost anywhere and cut it to fit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll print the Photo and present it to my Dealer to get a replacement filter. I have 1010 miles on the scooter and blew the CVT area out with compressed air and was happy to see only a little dust come out. Very surprised about a lack of a filter but considering the low mileage I hope no damage was done. Final Drive oil was fairly dark.....glad I opened the CVT up.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I'll print the Photo and present it to my Dealer to get a replacement filter. I have 1010 miles on the scooter and blew the CVT area out with compressed air and was happy to see only a little dust come out. Very surprised about a lack of a filter but considering the low mileage I hope no damage was done. Final Drive oil was fairly dark.....glad I opened the CVT up.
if you need a temp one i seen one on Ebay for 5 Bucks.

But who can ever say that those things work anyway , We have them and still Junk get into the trans.. Strange.

Elliott,

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I think the junk is solely internal. a great job was made to keep it inside :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts