Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put my new to me 08 with 13,300 miles on it on the road after having it on the rack all winter . I did the fluids filters and every thing is fine , except it’s idling low and I have a slight hesitation if I crank it on take off from a dead stop . Other than that it’s smooth as silk and it seams a little faster than my 06 . On the tach my perfect running 06 idles at 1.5 , the 06 at 1 and lopes back and forth to 1.2 . The bike has been sitting for a good year and I put new gas in it when I got it in the fall . Plugged fuel injector ? Got any ideas ?

·
Registered
420 Posts
My '07' had the same symptoms, quickly the slight hesitation got worse and it turned out that the clutch needed to be rebuilt, which a friend was able to do using LeDude's tutorials. There are also threads on the forum check to see if the posts sound like what's happening to you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did you have ethanol gas in it when you parked it for the winter and if so did you put any kind of fuel stabilizer in it .

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you have ethanol gas in it when you parked it for the winter and if so did you put any kind of fuel stabilizer in it .
It was ethanol but it was just a few months ago , I can smell bad gas at the exhaust and there is no smell .

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I belive I would try a good injector cleaner first then go from there.
That's what I'm thinking too .

My '07' had the same symptoms, quickly the slight hesitation got worse and it turned out that the clutch needed to be rebuilt, which a friend was able to do using LeDude's tutorials. There are also threads on the forum check to see if the posts sound like what's happening to you.

The clutch is good , the hesitation on take off is just for a split second then it's off to the races .

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I was younger you could fill a bike up with good old regular gas , let it sit for over the winter and in the spring it would start up and run with no problems. But with the addition of ethanol fuel those days are over . If you don't add a good fuel stabilizer there is a good chance you will sitting out waiting to get your bike fixed while all your buddies are out riding this spring . One of the best products that I personally used with success is called Star Tron. It has worked for me and I would recommend it to you. Even if you didn't add a fuel stabilizer this past fall it can still help to clean up the mess you might have in your gas tank. Check it out here and let us know if it worked for you , or not - http://portal.sliderocket.com/AUOTI/Star-Tron

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts