Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of weeks back had a bad misfire on initial start up on my 650. It sounded like it was running on one cylinder. It cleared but then appeared occasionally as an annoying misfire and needed to be sorted. Main reason it is not a good idea navigating fast roundabouts etc on a misfiring Burg ! Confidence is required that the throttle is opened and forward motion follows. Anyway it turned out to be a faulty Plug Cap/Coil. It was not seating well on the Spark Plug and the misfire was it arking ? Solution sourced two secondhand Plug Cap/Coils for £15.00 each. New from Suzuki over £100 each. Fitted today problem solved. I now have a useful spare, faulty one binned.

Cheers

WM

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I always love a happy, and cheap, ending. Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Liamjs, Cheers Buddy, love your State great Burg Country, or any decent MC for that matter.

Apparently there are two main manufacturers of Coils like the Burgs, Denso and Hitachi. They go on literally hundereds of different MC's and cars.

WM.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yet another faulty plug cap!
I had the same problem on my 2004 650, it used to do it on left hand corners once in a blue moon.
Took me and the dealer ages to finally find the fault.
Glad you got it sorted.

Andy

·
Administrator
18,735 Posts
Glad you figured this out. It is a very common issue that many have overlooked, me included.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Liamjs, Cheers Buddy, love your State great Burg Country, or any decent MC for that matter.
WM.
If you're ever in the area, let me know. I'll take you round to all the good riding spots.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Chaps, the big Burg is running sweater then ever now. Like has been stated it is a basic fault but makes the bike sound and run very roughly.

I have been a number of times to California, Yosemite, Red Wood, Bryce Canyon, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Las Vagas, San Fransisco,Carmel, we toured in a Mustang but considering doing a tour on a MC. I would take up the offer of being shown round some good roads.

Thanks

WM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts