Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to tighten mirrors on 2013 Exec so they won't rattle? Same question for vent in GIVI windshield. Thank you.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Dont think so on the mirrors mine rattle but hardly surprising after 95k kilometres. One peice bolts onto the frame cant help on the vent sorry

·
Premium Member
8,125 Posts
you are obviously lacking in dirt dust and gunk which helps seize up those things and stops rattle, You probably even washed it ! DIDNYA!!

Reactions: s-steel

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine used to irritate me, until last year, when I realized I could easily shim them with a few layers of tape. 5 minute fix. Nice and quiet now

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I'm going to be looking into this soon, they are moving around more than I care for on my 2012.

·
Administrator
18,332 Posts
Not sure if you can take the mirror apart and shim or build up the sloppy areas. I know the non-Exec mirrors have a hinge bolt in the underside.

Reactions: InfernoST

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Not sure if you can take the mirror apart and shim or build up the sloppy areas. I know the non-Exec mirrors have a hinge bolt in the underside.
I have a list of things to do for Burgie, when I rip apart the front again to change out the wheel, redo the forks, rebuild the calipers I will peer into the mirrors. I'm sure there is something to adjust in there.

·
Administrator
18,332 Posts
You can take the bracket off and see if anything can be shimmed up.

Mine snapped off at the black line when my son lowered the garage door down and snapped it off. I ground the line at a groove and filled with JB Weld.

20200622_165000.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts