Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Burgman 650 has a mirror with a broken hinge. I think some idiot pushed mirror out breaking it. Does anyone know what I need to fix it? Replace the whole mirror or the just hinge mechanism?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
It's not just a simple snap in. You have to remove the dash cover to get to the mounting screws . Also it comes w/o the turn signal so you will have to reuse your old one. Like everything else these days it's modular in design. Remember when you could buy a new lens for a busted taillight on your cage? Now days you have to buy the whole thing as well. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I wonder if I can just fix the mirror in place somehow. Right now, I have it duct taped to fairing, so it wouldn't bounce around.

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
My son moved my Burgman when the garage door was up. He then lowered the door without checking the clearance and SNAP. Left mirror was busted.I was able to take it off, clean out the chips and JB Weld it back together. But it took a lot of care not to get the JB Weld on the parts that rotate. I let it set up for 24 hours before I reinstalled it. It was still on my 08 when I broke the whole right side and went to the auction.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
A good life lesson in my book.
If something is broken have a good go at fixing it - you cannot break it twice.
Whereas Sodz law would suggest if you shell out your hard earned on a replacement that will be the very item that gets dinged and broken again.:(;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts