Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cheers: It doesn't take much to make my day - just installed mirror riser/extenders and have eliminated the shoulder view. Now on to the rack & top case.

For those interested - you need the 10 mm bolt size option for the extenders.

·
Registered
21 Posts
:cheers: It doesn't take much to make my day - just installed mirror riser/extenders and have eliminated the shoulder view. Now on to the rack & top case.

For those interested - you need the 10 mm bolt size option for the extenders.

I was about to modify the mirrors on my new 200 so your post intrigues me.

On other bikes I have owned I cut the mirror stems then threaded them and used "coupling nuts" to make the mirrors wider. So I am not exactly sure what you are talking about.

Did your extenders just raise the mirrors up or do they now stick further out on each side? If they are now just higher then how much difference did it really make?

Do you have pictures?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I bought mine directly from Lucky Bike (http://www.luckybike.com/motorcycle-mirror-riser-extenders) for a delivered price of $21.25 & quick service. The extenders both raise the height roughly 1.25" and move the stem out slightly over 1.5". Sorry no pics.

They're a simple install and have been tested at 75 MPH with no wobble. Best 20 bucks I've spent along with the Oxford scooter muffs I just added. The extenders totally eliminate any shoulder view.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Your mirrors are attached to the stems
by a half-ball hinge....sometimes they
come from the dealer with the largest
part of the mirror toward the dashboard...
if that is the case, simply hold the mirror
stem & rotate the head 180 degrees outward.
This will give you a wider field of view.
Mine came rotated inward, narrowing my
my rear view.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts