Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to gain access to one of my mirrors by removing the little black plastic 2-pronged access plug underneath, but I don't seem to be able to put it back in the mirror housing. It is not broken in any way, but whenever I try to push it in it just drops out again. Is there a certain orientation for it? (I can't believe I am asking this :oops:)

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
It's been a while since I took one out but as best I can remember it just snaps back in.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Snaps in goes only one way due to the shape. Did the light wires get in the way?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MJR said:
Snaps in goes only one way due to the shape.
I can't figure out the correct 'one way' - The plug has 1 short and 1 long leg. Which way does the short leg point? (inward towards the bike, outwards towards the garage wall, back towards the bikes rear or forward towards the front? (I wouldn't need to be so explicite except that I have a few dropsy arthritic fingers, plus I will be working upside down, so I need to get the orientation correct first time.) Thank you all. :(

·
Registered
3,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the risk of making you all fair flat-out with ennui whilst following this ripping yawn I have to admit that I've tried to fit this plug every way possible with no success. then I removed the other one to check how that one fitted and promptly lost it - I mean the removal tool (small screwdriver)slipped and the plug completely disappeared! I checked inside the light housing and it was not there and it's not anywhere around the bike nor around the garage, believe me I've really searched for it. So now I have one plug that I cannot fit, and another vanished into the ether. In order for this saga not to end in splintering glass and intensive care I stuck a small piece of black insulating tape over both holes to prevent the ingress of whatever and then reached for the Newky-Brown and Chocolate Digestives. Chapter two sometime in 2020 but don't watch this space. Kenp :oops:

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
That's what happens when the old-timers kicks in !
:lol:

·
Registered
426 Posts
peelbrow said:
At the risk of making you all fair flat-out with ennui whilst following this ripping yawn I have to admit that I've tried to fit this plug every way possible with no success. then I removed the other one to check how that one fitted and promptly lost it - I mean the removal tool (small screwdriver)slipped and the plug completely disappeared! I checked inside the light housing and it was not there and it's not anywhere around the bike nor around the garage, believe me I've really searched for it. So now I have one plug that I cannot fit, and another vanished into the ether. In order for this saga not to end in splintering glass and intensive care I stuck a small piece of black insulating tape over both holes to prevent the ingress of whatever and then reached for the Newky-Brown and Chocolate Digestives. Chapter two sometime in 2020 but don't watch this space. Kenp :oops:
I sympathise with you peelbrow. :oops:

I've recently shared a different but somewhat similar experience. I've a 650K3 in NZ & a 650K7 here in China. I'm a kiwi been over in China (mainland) for more than a decade. Bought a few items for the K7 online over in America (oneidasuzuki) and was fortunate to have an online motorcycling friend (mychinamoto) offer to bring the items back with him on his return from his Xmas/New Years vacation stateside, which saved me the agony of shipping. One of the items was four of the infamous CVT bolts. For the cost of the four through oneidasuzuki I could only buy one here - that's high the ridiculous markup here is. When the friend returned and shipped me the items, I put the friggin small bag containing the four stopper bolts in one of my regular motorcycling jackets thinking I must get round to checking the stopper bolt and swapping it as need be. Just a couple of weeks ago, I was looking the bag of bolts over and put them some place else (thinking at the time, this is a safe place - though I seem to recall that the place was a little unusual at the time). Not to worry, I was sure to know/remember the place I'd put those packet of bolts. Well just last week, I decided to perform the "couple of minutes" removal and inspection of the CVT stopper bolt that's in the K7. Well a few nicks and what not in the end of the bolt told me it's time to replace said bolt. Now do you think I can find the packet of new bolts!? Not on your life! I've searched my garage (twice), in the tunnel bag (twice/thrice), under the K7 seat (thrice) and everywhere else I can care to think of, without success.

I've had to order some other bits anyway (need a new front brake caliper "pin" as one on the right side caliper seized when I recently tried to change my brake pads, and I inadvertently stripped the head of the pin [uses and Allen key]) so I've added another four bolts to the order from oneidasuzuki and am fortunate that another American friend (also on mychinamoto but a different one from the last), happens to be doing a month long trip in the states right at this very moment, so my little $120 order including more of the bloody bolts are currently in transit between the East coast over to Berkeley CA, with an ETA 5th May. I should have them in my hands end of May when the friend returns.

I suppose that one day the disappearing bag of stopper bolts might materialise and I'll have one of those Homer Simpson "Doh" moments.

On a side note I was looking to buy my OEM goodies this time from either Ron Ayers, or oneidasuzuki, since Ron Ayers does the free shipping on orders >$100. However Ron's prices are a little steeper which when everything was factored in were almost the same in pricing compared with oneidasuzuki. The cost of the parts total with my current oneidasuzuki order came in at around $120 plus $31 for freight. The same order via Ron's was about $150 with free freight. I paid using Paypal which also had its own set of issues being that my account is Paypal NZ & the delivery address was to one in the USA (first order was sent back flagged as fraudulent and therefore declined [by Paypal] and refunded). So oneidasuzuki represents a nice saving provided one lives close by, otherwise every item attracts an additional freight charge, seemingly based on a percentage of the value of the goods ordered. Seems like there's no flat rate. All my parts would take up less than the size of shoe-box, but each item added substantially to a freight charge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts