Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MINT CONDITION ? ANOTHER LYING SELLER ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/201147634248?item=201147634248&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

Use the magnifier .

Look at the left side of the bike first where your toes would be and where the seam is where the
engine cover and the front box come together . When that seam is lifted up there it is likely the
bike has fallen over .

Then look just right about 4 to 5 inches of the side kick stand , there is a thick plastic guard there
if you look at the top of it you will see pavement gouges . There are few ways to get those kind of
gouges without the bike falling over .

Also look at the seam between where your feet sit and the bottom quarter panel come together , see
how the seam is uneven ? Another sign this bike fell over .

Taking all the evidence in to consideration I would bet this bike has fallen over and the seller
is a liar .

And yet this seller states clearly that his bike is in MINT CONDITION . And his price $4,800 reflects
a MINT CONDITION bike , NOT one that has fallen over .

My point ? sellers lie . Never take a road trip to get a bike without getting close up pics of the bike , especially
of the entire underside of these plastic scooters .

If the seller has a bible in his pocket or says some thing like God bless in his ad , watch that SOB like a hawk .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't see where the seller has lied about anything. The bike appears to be clean and undamaged. Before I would post a statement like you're making I would send the seller a mess. and ask him if it's been laid down. Light and old wax make things look different than what it may be. I don't know this person, I just think you ought to give him a fair shake...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I am not seeing the things you are. The photography sucks and it could be reflections of stuff in the background or wax as fatmanar suggested.

I will agree that more detailed pics are needed and if I were a potential buyer I would ask the seller for them.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look at the last picture with the magnifier , if you know the 650's you'll see it plain as day . That said , I said I'll bet it's fallen over , I didn't say it DID !

TheReaper!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
All pictures taken from one side only, so the other one might even be worse, or might be not. If interested additional info should be requested. Personally i wouldn't mind some scratches if mechanically it's 100 right, but not on the contrary.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
I'd be asking why were the pictures taken
in the shadows, instead of bright sunlight.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
There's actually a fairly easy and straightforward way to settle issues like this; I've done it a couple of times. I had a friend who lives near the seller go look at the thing, take a few pix of his own, and let me know what he thought.

We're hooked into a community which is scattered all over the world. I couldn't tell where that '08 was, but surely someone here on the board lives nearby and would be willing to go take a look. I'd sure take a look at a bike located in Tampa which some member was interested in buying.

This actually works really well. It lets the seller know you're serious and he'll be more relaxed when you get out of the taxi and walk up to his house because both of you know what to expect. In Florence, SC my local friend actually picked me up at the train station and we went there together.

There are a bunch of us out here. I'll bet someone local to that bike would be happy to head on over and give an opinion.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You might be right Reaper. The thing is it is too hard to tell from those pics. They are just bad, low contrast taken in the shade. I think a filter was used on them, the colors have that 70's muted tone which is very common on cameras and photo apps. On top of that I think the Burgman is in need of a good washing, it looks dirty, although that could be the effect of said filter.

Sadly these are far from the worst pictures in an ebay listing. I once saw a listing for a bike and the picture was a photo of the shed it was parked in covered in snow. The seller promised the bike was inside but because of the snow he couldn't get out there. Funny but very sad at the same time.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you look at this pic at the seam between the engine cover and the front box where your left foot would sit you'll see how it is lifted to a peak . I would guess that this bike has fallen over several times due to the fact it is lifted so much . This is what I call an extreme example but even a small up lift in this area is a sign that the bike has been down . I found this pic on a Craigslist ad where the seller stated this bike was in really good shape . It's a 2003 that he says has a new lower price of $3,200 :rolleyes:

TheReaper!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have a sailboat I once tried selling on Craigslist. The title says it is a 'XX. A supposed potential buyer asked for more pictures and one with the serial #. I sent the requested info only to be called a liar etc. That the boat was older then I stated. I have no clue what serial numbers for the different years but the official title in hand stated the year. They were trying to get me to lower the price but I decided I didn't need the hassle and cut off communication with the potential buyer even when they still wanted to negotiate.

There is no way I'd make a judgement until I've seen the actual item and official paperwork.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts