Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I mounted a Bestem 2012 today on my '09 650. I also found the two rear spacer bolt holes were about a 1/4" too wide. I used my Dremel tool to widen the two holes a tad towards the center. Also, the rear spacers weren't long enough to keep the mounting plate from slanting to the rear, and I had to fiddle around with flat washers (as other members have had to do) to raise and level it out. I used threadlocker on those bolts, as the washers almost made the bolts too short. I rode 100 miles on bumpy roads, and it remained tight.

The Bestem isn't as solid and well made as the GIVI on my Majesty, but is no doubt a better value.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Bestem plate came with the bolts and everything I needed to mount it. I did have to make a trip to the hardware store to buy some washers that I used as shims on the rear bolts so I could level the plate. Without the washers, my T-Box looked like it was sagging at the rear. I understand that Bestem was going to correct this problem.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

Thanks for the tidbit about the washers. I just installed my 929 last night on my 2011 Exec 650 with the mounting plate and it also seems like it is sagging or angled backwards. I was going to contact Bestem and let them know about this. I was thinking of shortening the front spacer but the washers in the rear sound like a much better idea.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.