Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
I contacted Bestem just to advise them of what I found when I used their mounting plate to attach a 929 this week (thank you LeDude, for posting wiring details for splicing into the brake lights!).

Looking at the rear of the bike, the right-most bolt hole center was off by 1/8" to maybe 3/16". Here is a photo. I did not ask Bestem for any action for me. I think I'm okay, with enough torque on that bolt, and the box sits just fine on the plate.

I had two Givi boxes (V46 and E52) before and all the comparisons I read here are correct. The Bestem is AWESOME for the price. It gets the job done just fine, IMO. If I have any worry it is probably about the hinges. They seem too easily stressed if I over-stuff the box (yeah, I like to travel with a bunch-o-junk).

I see from your signature you have a AN650L3. I've taken delivery of a AN650L4 a few weeks ago. Does the BESTEM base plate come with all the extended bolts and inserts etc needed to fit to the back end of the newer 650's once the pillion backrest is removed? I assume then that once the base plate has been fitted it allows for a range of Bestem box quick release fitting plates to be be fitted to which the BESTEM box fits onto?

(FWIW, BESTEM are rebadged 'ADLO' boxes made in China for a fraction of the prices BESTEM are charging in USA market)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation. Seems like a fairly simple plate that one could have fabricated at many a machine shop. I assume though that the mounting positions differ between the new L3 & L4 models compared to the previous models L2 and older?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.