Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy from Marion Illinois. I'm probably going to order my 2012 (White) 650 Executive this week or next. I still need to take a trip on my 1100 VStar Classic before I trade it in. I will miss that bike but I'm really looking forward to getting something more stylish and easy to use and comfortable. I expect that the auto trans will make it easier for me to take off from a dead stop with my wife on board than a clutch does. Also, I ride to Ashevill, NC each Memorial Weekend and while on the trip I ride The Dragon. Will this Burgman really handle that kind of trip at highway speeds? Also, is the under seat storage really big enough for 2 full face helmets? That seems like a lot!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Welcome to BUSA and congrats on your most excellent decision. :thumbup: Don't forget the pics when you pick her up. :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
Chaplain KC said:
Howdy from Marion Illinois. I'm probably going to order my 2012 (White) 650 Executive this week or next. I still need to take a trip on my 1100 VStar Classic before I trade it in. I will miss that bike but I'm really looking forward to getting something more stylish and easy to use and comfortable. I expect that the auto trans will make it easier for me to take off from a dead stop with my wife on board than a clutch does.
I don't know. It's certainly easier in that you just "twist and go", but 1100cc has a bit more power than 638. I'm sure you'll find 638cc more than adequate, however.
Chaplain KC said:
Also, I ride to Ashevill, NC each Memorial Weekend and while on the trip I ride The Dragon. Will this Burgman really handle that kind of trip at highway speeds?
Of course. Why wouldn't it? A good 250cc engine is capable of cruising all day on highways. A Honda Helix guy rode the Iron Butt. We have an Iron Butt AN400 rider here, as well. 638cc is overkill.
Chaplain KC said:
Also, is the under seat storage really big enough for 2 full face helmets? That seems like a lot!
Not much else fits in there with two helmets. If I'm traveling, I use the helmet hook, because all my junk is stowed under the seat.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Chaplain KC said:
Also, I ride to Ashevill, NC each Memorial Weekend and while on the trip I ride The Dragon. Will this Burgman really handle that kind of trip at highway speeds?
Can't speak tothe 650 but after 5 days of ownership I finished breaking my 400 in on a BBB1400 (Burgman Butt Buster) from Tampa to Asheville over 3 days. Found the Burg more comfortable than my old C50 cruiser. And the dreaded Saluda grade (coming into to Asheville on I-26 from the south) which has presented issues with some of my autos, was a pleasant surprise on the Svelte. I don't expect you will be anything other than delighted.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Congratulations. My fiancé use to clank helmets with me every shift, now with the Automatic it's sooo much smoother and nicer. Unless for a play toy, I wont go back to shifting.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks! A see a wealth of encouragement and knowledge here. Ordered today and it has been shipped. Expect to have it Tuesday. Then I will need to figure out how to post pics. I CAN'T WAIT! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Welcome and Congrats!
You gotta meet up with the Little Egypt Scooter Club up there. Claude (Sir) Nolan lives in your town and kinda runs the club and rides many bikes...If you two don't already know each other of course. I am a member of their Georgia Chapter and we are doing an impromptu meet up next month in Alabama at The Barber race track - motorcycle race weekend. Your 650 will certainly handle the highway and the Dragon if my little 400 will. :wink:
Ride Safe and Have Fun.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info Scooterino! I will look him up and get connected. Sounds like fun!

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts