Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My name is Mike and I live in Christchurch NZ. I have had many a bike, but I got my 2013 burgman 650 about a year ago and I always wanted to try one and unsure if I would really like it as I was always a changing gears kind of guy, But now I really love it and likely I would not go back to a regular bike. Even now to the point of when I see other riders on other kinds of bikes I look at them as if to say, you just don't realise how good my bike is!!!!!

Firstly, I must give a shout out to Ledude - he is such a great person for all of his video's and he has inspired me to do all of my own mechanics, sometimes doing things way beyond my capabilities. So far I had done the following;

Full detailed clean as dirty as hell when I bought it.
Engine oil and filter, transmission oil and final drive oil.
Paint and refurbished the rear brake caliper and flushed the brake fluid and added new fluid,
Made my own Sat Nav bracket - copied Ledude's design (I did thank him for it).
Installed a new battery and pigtail charging lead,
Front wheel off and made a new mud guard (again from Ledude).
Radiator off, cleaned and repainted, flushed radiator and added Suzuki 5 year fluid.
Changed spark plugs.
Added round blind spot mirrors.

However, I now have come unstuck. I bought a DRL kit to turn the stock mirror indicators into day light running lights and all is good except for getting a positive feed to use from the headlight to turn the light into a white running light, I have tried and tried to get a wire through the mirror, but to no avail as almost no room, If anyone has any tips I would thank you greatly.

To all in America stay safe and work together to beat Covid-19, kind regards Mike

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
welcome Mike, any possibility of using the existing wiring for the turn signals and breaking in somewhere else to convert it to a steady light ?

·
Administrator
18,362 Posts
MikeG, I did draw up a diagram for using two cheap 40 amp relays. I'll search for it and post it. You will need a LED Flasher too. Do not try grounding/Earth to the chassis. It is not tied to battery Ground/Earth.
EDIT found it.

Mirror Turnsignal mod.jpg

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Super Moderator
871 Posts
Welcome to the group Mike. You are already seeing the wealth of knowledge available on this site. Good to have you aboard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys, Thankyou all so much for taking the time to help. Much appreciated. Unfortunately the kit that I bought will not fit in the mirror housing. also my left hand mirror will now not work electrically. Any ideas???

·
Administrator
18,362 Posts
You may need to see if you cut the blue/white wire going thru the hole when you drilled into it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
You can dismantle the mirror and there is a space behind the casing that might be big enough. You will need to check the small wires on the motor anyway to check for damage if the motor is not working
To dismantle the mirror take it off the bike. Remove the handle bar covers and front box. Assume you done this already and disconnected the wires to both the indicator and motor. Remove the three 10mm bolts holding the mirror on. Two on top and one facing towards you.
You have obviously removed the cap and screw for removal of the indicator.
So next is the black panel to the side of the mirror nearest the fairing side this clips out. Underneath are two screws remove these. The third is under the mirror so turn the mirror to the outside so it's almost vertical as far as it will go there's the third screw underneath these allow you to remove the top and bottom casings. If you want the motor out there are two Long posi bolts with holding it in. It slides out towards the bottom of the mirror casing. The metal mount holding the mirror onto the bike is located by three small torx screws on the bottom of the motor. Mark it with a marker so it goes back in the same place so saves a bit of head scratching. Sounds complicated but its pretty easy. As will all plastic items do not force anything you will break the tabs off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts