Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my computers came with office and the other did not. Any way to copy/transfer it to the one that it did not come with or do I need to purchase it ?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
tomfelock said:
One of my computers came with office and the other did not. Any way to copy/transfer it to the one that it did not come with or do I need to purchase it ?
Is there a Disc! there should be a Disc with The New Computer, A Disc With Installed Software, On It, A Backup disc, From there you can Install it by simply putting the Disc into the Other Computers Drive, if it's the Same Name Brand as your Computer with Office, If it's Not then the Disc will Not install.... Do to Software Protection,, For an Example: DELL _ DELL - DELL _GATEWAY Will not install becuze it's not a DELL

I Have the 2012 Version

there is another way by using Acronis, Backing up the Hard drive and burning it to the other Hard drive, No Guarantee that this will work, With Acronis you can Select Only Installed Programs from that Computer and Select the Microsoft Folder, Compile it into a ISO and Extract it to the Other computer.

Elliott,

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Microsoft Office is copyrighted material. You'll have one license for one installation of the software. So your options are to buy a new copy, buy Microsoft Works, or to use one of the free Office software packages that exist.

Chances are your needs for "Office" are simple and mainly just typing the occasional letter. MS Office has become so powerful that in many cases, it is like using a sledge hammer to put the nail in the wall so you can hang a picture. All the extra commands that it has just get in the way of being able to type a simple letter and change the formatting so it looks better.

MS Works is like a very user-friendly version of Office with a much simpler, easy to use set of menus. It'll take the Office files and open them up just fine. The cost is a lot more user friendly too at about $20.

There are free office suites available too. I use LibreOffice. I've also used the very similar OpenOffice. They will work fine in most cases for what the general person wants for using at home...and some companies use those too. There's nothing second rate about them.

Chris

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Chris, you All So for got to mention these Fine Offices , Ashampoo Office Pro,Kingsoft Writer, is a little like Office all so!!

Even if you were able to Copy over to the Other Computer you will Have to Re-Activate which May not work Now that These Programs Use Machine Code: which is your Computer ID: if this does not Match the other Computer the Program Will Not Activate and Go back to a Trial Run,

The Machine Code is written into the Office Software Installer, So it May not even Install becuze the Machine Code & Machine ID: Don't Match.

and what i here about Microsoft Office 2013, it has New copyrighted Protection Top of the Line. :lol:

Elliott,

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
+1 for open office. It's freeware (not a trial) and it works. Very similar to MS Office.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Ken said:
+1 for open office. It's freeware (not a trial) and it works. Very similar to MS Office.
I've used Open Office and it works fine with Microsoft documents. It's free here: http://www.openoffice.org/

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
There are differing licences for MS Office, one of the few occasions where it is worth reading the interminable terms and conditions. Some licences allow installation on more than one PC.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the only thing I currently and most likely will continue to use is excel. Does that change the answers/replies? ( I know - I should have stated that first - hits myself with a wet noodle).

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
tomfelock said:
Well, the only thing I currently and most likely will continue to use is excel. Does that change the answers/replies? ( I know - I should have stated that first - hits myself with a wet noodle).
The Open Office suite includes an Excel clone. The suite can do much of what the Microsoft Office suite does, including reading and writing files in the same format.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Tom, my reply earlier includes links to each of the office suite alternatives that you can click on and check out for yourself.

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts