Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I replaced the Bridgestone rear with a Michelin Pilot Road 4 and am very happy with the replacement. I feel it a better tire than the Bridgestones. Last week I replaced the front also with the Michelin Pilot 4. I read on the forum that someone complained about his Burgman's handling with these tires, in that the bike feels like it wants to fall into the bend in an aggressive manner. That is true and I love the feeling. It sort of feels like over-steer but no more do I have to persuade the bike into a bend. It feels confident and sure-footed going into a bend. The bike leans over more on its own and it feels really good. The motorcycle garage where I had the tire mounted told me this is one of the best bike tires, and it comes from a former racer himself.
I must admit that the Bridgestones sort of shaped my turning style and it did take me a few days to get used to the way this tire dictates the way the bike reacts in a corner. In the past I really had to lean over heavily to get the bike to want to turn, now I lean less and it feels so good going through bends, even slow speed turning at traffic lights. The tire is softer so an added bonus is a smoother ride and less road induced vibrations coming through the grips. I have not driven in the rain yet because I use my car if it rains, but at some point rain will catch me out.

pilot front rear.png

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
15,170 Posts
Keep us posted on what you think of those in the days ahead. I just put a set of those on my other bike and so far I like them much better than the OEM tires.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blacktruck, I really like them especially the behavior when I turn, it feels a little like power steering or assisted steering. There is one particular bend near me and when taken at speed, before with the Batlax tires I really had to lean to get the bike to turn. Now it falls into the corner in a very predictable way and that gives me confidence. I am so happy I chose them.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
15,170 Posts
@Kobus
Agreed. I have ran many different brands of tires over the years and never really felt a significant difference when switching brands unitl I put these on. The Michelin tires really surprised me. I felt the change in the personality of the bike right away. Time will tell how many miles they go but so far I am pleased with the choice.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just wondering how your pilot 4 tires are wearing? Better or worse than the OEMs?

Looking for replacements for the crap tires the dealer put on my 650.

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Just wondering how your pilot 4 tires are wearing? Better or worse than the OEMs?

What tires are you running at what inflation ?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
15,170 Posts

So far I am happy with the wear of the Michelins. I have them on my Triumph and am at about 8K on them. Should be good for another 5K I think.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stevooo I have roughtly 4400 miles on the rear Pilot 4 and I cant see any wear. I run it at 40 psi. I weigh 170 pounds or 73 kg's

·
Premium Member
14,326 Posts
I'm at about 4,600 on the Pilot Road 4 on the back of my 650. Still liking the tire and it is wearing well. Think I will get at least 7,000 out of it which is 2,500 more than I got out of the Bridgestone before it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts