Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Is he innocent in your opinion?

• Yes, he is innocent on all counts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he is guilty on all counts.

• He is guilty of giving alcohol to a minor

• The court system is so horrendous it doesn't matter.

• All celebrities are innocent of everything.

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what you all think...I'm sure there are other options I could've added, but I just picked the top couple. (I think 10 total possible counts against him?)

Choose one or many I guess...comment if you want to.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Michael Who?

:lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another case of proving that money can buy freedom. Enough money seems like anybody can get off.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I didn't follow the story and I haven't a clue what all the evidence was.
I wouldn't say he got off because he is famous, Robert Blake is still in jail for murder even though he said he was innocent.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
The whole trial has occupied the news and talk shows and entertainment shows since before it started. It just goes to show how desperate those shows are for content. There was even a whole show re-enacting the trial from the transcripts every day. Now the "news" is a bunch of people "predicting" his future after the trail.

I'll agree... Michael who?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I wouldn't say he got off because he is famous, Robert Blake is still in jail for murder even though he said he was innocent.
Robert Blake was out on bail during the trial. Why would he be in jail now after he was found not guilty?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
gruntled said:
Pinwheel said:
Robert Blake was out on bail during the trial. Why would he be in jail now after he was found not guilty?
See, that shows you how much 'hollywood' news I follow. Last I saw, he was in an orange jumper in the court room. It was many months ago though. I was unaware that he already had a trial that he was found not guilty in. Maybe it was longer than I think....the days and months become a blur without a burgman... :(

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Pinwheel, think nothing of it. after a few days without this site I was in I blur.
Can only guess what you are going through without your Burgman. :cry:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Pinwheel - Just an fyi, but OJ Simpson (the football player and "actor") was found innocent as well.

Now you are up to date on the news. Geesh, let's call this "Hollywood Insider"! WHAT have I begun!!!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I cannot say I followed the court case with any enthusiasm, although I did tune in for the verdict.

I am relieved that the jury found him not guilty on all charges.

If you think the jury has been bought off, or unduly influenced by the celebrity angle you have a pretty low opinion of your fellow man. Leaving aside the millions that the lawyers will have made out of this. Michael Jackson may have been found not guilty but I do not think anyone could disagree that he is now a broken man (and not just financially).

I watched the Bashir documentary when it was first aired and must admit I had mixed feelings about Jackson. On reflection I think he is just a big kid and would be incapable of seeking sexual advantage with a minor in the way that a 'normal' adult might.

Jackson is just a kid and he loves to be with kids. Now that is difficult for other (normal) adults to deal with and clearly sets him up for ridicule, scorn and ultimately the allegations that have surfaced from the easy buck mentality of those that inhabit the ammoral gutter that seems to be awash with plenty of self serving neer do wells.

Not that I have a strong opinion on these things you understand! :wink:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I knew about the OJ trial. My boss at the time was all into court tv so we watched it at work.

I just haven't kept up with it lately.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok...now i've got to respond!

Wow. Norm responded to one of my polls! I've got to add my two cents now...

I've not watched much of this trial. Tired of these exhibitions of futility, but of course, being uninformed has never stopped me from expressing my opinion (as evidenced by some of my other posts...)!

I think the jury was likely swayed a bit by MJ's celebrityhood as well as the "circus atmosphere" created by the people outside AND the press. BUT, I don't think it affected the outcome. I do think there was enough reasonable doubt to acquit him. However, I do think he likely gave the child alcohol, or contributed to doing so enough to be found guilty of that.

I agree MJ is a "big kid" at heart, but that does NOT mean he hasn't or couldn't molest a child. I don't think he has, but he could still do so. I really hope this scare was enough of a wake-up call for him to seriously stop his stupid acts. I had initially hoped they'd at least find him guilty of a misdemeanor, but I agree not enough CREDIBLE evidence was found for that.

I also hate the fact that so much judicial and police time/energy was spent on this case that other more serious crimes were not attended to, but so be it.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
In as much of a weirdo that that girl has turned out to be, (I didn't vote btw) in my eyes, heesh was innocent unless the jury found hermz otherwise.

It does help to have a zillion dollar an hour mouthpiece looking for dossier additions.

Plus - the "evidence" just didn't cut it.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Sounds like there are still people who think that a jury's verdict has to do with something other then the size of your bankroll . :)

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
When I've been a juror, I've played it by the book. If the prosecution did not sway me to "realize" that the prsn in question was indeed guilty, I assumed their innocence - and would be hard swayed from that.

I know that that steadfastness doesn't happen all of the time. hey - its demographics. Pro cop/pro citizen stuff. However, our country is so swayed by looks. Get a grizzled up old homeless woman in there that is innocent versus a well dressed guilty as sin good looking woman in there - guess what? You know what. I know the "Peterson trial" may give rebuttal to that but, I am sure you understand my shallow reach in this case (i hate typing.)

That's a reality that I was going to call "a shame." However, it is what it is, and I am glad that it's over with. Micheal WHO? - Is right!

All in all I say poo poo on the media - they are all a buncha whores. All they do is go from one "story" to another. ERG. :( Then we end up discussing it. Yawn. My question was, a few days back, how were those Mars rovers doing? Then I went and looked and got outta all of the "front page hoopla" that permeats the web and broadcast "news" staples, and finally, I found something to smile about.

P

·
Registered
409 Posts
A few thoughts.

1. He was found not guily not found innocent. The State didn't meet the burden of proving him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

2. In California, celebs are simply not found guilty

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Edwljoseph said:
A few thoughts.

1. He was found not guily not found innocent. The State didn't meet the burden of proving him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

2. In California, celebs are simply not found guilty
While in no wishing to start an argument .....................the presumption that underpins criminal law IS the presumption of innocence UNTIL proven otherwise (guilty) - I think this applies to both the English and American legal systems so ipso facto not guilty = innocence.

In Scottish law they have a sensible alternative which is 'Case not proven', which leaves it nicely in the middle by sort of saying 'we know you are a guilty ******* but the prosecutor ain't quite proved it beyond reasonable doubt'!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts