Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use metzlers on their burgman? I love them omn my touring bike, just got a burgman 400 soooo.... Nice.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I tried one on the rear of my 07 400. It last the longest of any brand i tried. Didn't give me the cheapest cost per mile, that was the Diablo. Didn't find any problem with it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I just been checking out that "diablo" desert rat..I'm gonna give that a go next time maybe!
I have never had a metzeler but the name is high quality reputation. Now I'm going to take a look at one!

The balancing is huge in getting great mileage. The boys at sturgis were all using dynabeads!
Scooter 1oz in front 2 in rear!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I ran Metzlers (88/880) on all of my Connies and absolutely loved them. Haven't tried them on the Burg yet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a pair in my barn waiting for my Shinko to wear out. It has been a good buy so far. Also, the dyna beads are really good! Next mount the Metzlers will get Ride On to see how it does.

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
I ran Metzler Feel Free tires on both the front and back of my 06 400 with good results but did not find them to be any better than other brands with the exception of Shinkos. The Shinkos I tried on the 400 were a disappointment.

I also ran a Metzler Feel Free on the back of my 07 650. On that bike it had a couple of characteristics I was less than thrilled with so don't plan to repeat using them on it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
It seems like the old Bridgestone is hard to beat, I had 10,500 on my rear!

Dynabeads for sure!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm a bit leery about Metzler and their history of tread separation on MC tires... Just a heads up... Google Metzler tread separation.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Has anyone tried the Dunlop Scooterline for the 400? I swear by them. 10k on both front and rear. Makes it convenient at tire change time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Put on a set of Metzler Feelfree tires at 15K miles on my '07 400. At 20K no problems, seem to be wearing quite well. Never had an issue with the OEM Bridgestone Hoops, either, but these seem to be wearing a bit better.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
I've had a set of Metzeler Feel Free tires for about 2,000 miles. They ride smoother than the OEM Bridgestones, but the front exhibits a growl any time it's turned. At first, I thought I had bad wheel bearings, but it's just the tread design causing the noise. Wear so far seems good but it's too early to tell for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts