think of donating to the American Red Cross. They help millions of
people every year with basics like food, water and shelter. Here is
the link:

http://www.redcross.org/index.html

Janine :)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Janine's right, the best place to donate for victims of any natural disaster is the Red Cross. I've seen them in action time and again & they need all the support they can get, I just sent them a check yesterday, knowing they'll need it in the wake of what is certainly shaping up to be a 100 year storm.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I want to add my prayers for everyone in Katrina's path, especially our brothers and sisters in New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast. God bless and good luck!
Thanks for the link to the Red Cross, Janine. Great idea and it only took a couple of minutes to donate.

Don

·
Registered
208 Posts
My prayers go out to all those in Katrina's path. It's a wicked storm and our friends in New Orleans and the surrounding areas are going to need our help. Thanks for the RED CROSS link.

·
Premium Member
14,252 Posts
Want to add my best wishes also and say keep you heads down.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Yup, the Big Easy is getting hit harder than they have for close to 100 years (unamed hurricane) and flooding in the (below sea level) area is unavoidable it appears. I hope and pray everyone survives with minimum losses and clean-up goes smoothly.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Prayers up for the folks down in N'Awlins and environs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just traded Corbin seats with Nick in Baton Rouge and it would have been delivered today. Im sure the Hurricane will put a delay in that deliverly. Nick, I pray your in a safe shelter and your ok. Take care Nick.

Joe

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Baton Rouge isn't getting hit nearly as bad as east of N'Orleans is. Was just watching the National Weather Radar (Mobile, AL.) and it appears New Orleans is about to get the rain as the eye passed and the 'wet band' is coming 'around the horn'.
ADDED: It does look like Baton Rouge is going to get some very strong rain and wind though.

·
Premium Member
14,252 Posts
Weather Channel now reporting water 8 to 10 fet deep in parts of New Orleans.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
It's looking pretty grim. The pump failed causing the flooding and it's now reported over 100 calls have come in from folks stranded on their rooftops. Biloxi and Mobile are not in much better shape.
Earlier today I got a report on my page they are said to be evacuating the 10,000+ people from the superdome because of the roof leaking. I believe it wasn't reported properly tho. I doubt there is anywhere TO evacuate them TO (let alone the means to transport them safely. I suspect they avacuated to other areas within the superdome. More can be read here.
I pray for those in dire need to get the help they require to survive this catastrophe.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
watching the news today, makes my heart feel heavy. So much destruction and loss of life. My heart and thoughts go out to everyone that has been effected.

I hope that the members from here that live in those areas got out and are safe.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Our thoughts are with those who are injured, bereaved, separated, homeless or impoverished as a result of these bloody horrifying events.

I can't imagine what it must be like to face such natural horrors, and I hope I never have such experiences, but I honestly believe that those more fortunate among us are excused these traumas simply so that, in some way, we can help those affected.

I'm not religious, but I feel strongly that we can and should pull together to minimise the impact on our fellow 'humes' of such an awful hurricane. Cash donation on the way courtesy of this wonderful Internet. Moral and morale support always available here if required, I'm certain.

Let's hope that the worst is now past and that survivors can quickly regain their strength and rebuild their lives.

It sometimes takes a crisis to bring folk together. I hope that's the case now.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I can really feel for those who are going through the aftermath. Donations to the Red Cross would probably be a good way to show your support.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Salvation Army

Another vote for the salvation army. They outline what they will do with 100.00. It would be great if we scooterists gave what we can to our brothers and sisters in the south. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts