Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Would you be willing to support BurgmanUSA with a small VOLUNTARY monthly donation?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a member of another board (for scuba diving NOT Burgmans!) and some of us "support" the board through small monthly recurring PayPal donations.

I would like to recommend we all do the same for BurgmanUSA. Bryan (Greengoose) has given us all a wonderful place to meet other maxi scooter enthusiasts, a repository for a wealth of information and a comfortable place to "hang" with our friends.

Donations give something back to the community as a whole...it will ensure that we always have our meeting place AND help Bryan with equipment upgrades, hosting fees ect.

The donations could be monthly or once a year. I was thinking along the lines of $2.95 a month or $35.00 a year. Does this seem like an appropriate amount? Any suggestions?

The poll will run for 7 days. At the end of that time if enough people are interested we could make a recommendation to Bryan.

So what do you think?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Although I am not a supporter yet, I will be soon. While the idea of monthly or yearly dues is a good one, I seriously doubt it would work out.
If it was that way, we would probably lose several members,especially
the ones that only post once every few months or so. I personally would have no problem with yearly dues. Maybe there could be some special incentive for people who do pay a yearly fee, such as a forum that only
"lifetime" members could access. Kind of like the tavern is set up, only you could purchase a lifetime membership and only those people would have access to that particular forum. Just an idea. But I think everything
is just fine the way it is. :D

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I donate what I can when I can.
Something required every month I would not be able to do because my budget is different every month. I would not be able to be involved with the forum if it was required to pay every month.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I sure wouldn't object to a monthly fee. $35/year is about the cost of two magazine subscriptions and I get a whole lot more info and enjoyment from this site than from all the magazines I subscribe to. And, I can enjoy the Forum and my friends every day - not just the one or two days it takes to thoroughly read a magazine.
Don

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Just wanted to step in share a piece of legal garbage.
Currently my front page has the"BURGMANUSA" logo using Suzuki's Burgman's Copywrited font. If I was to charge a fee then I would be "commercial". This is illegal and would cause problems with Suzuki. Suzuki and I have discussed this a few times. As a "Free/Donation Only" site. I can do pretty much what I want.

I really need to revamp the Burgmanusa LOGO in order to be "unique" enough to please Suzuki.

Thanks for the $$ plug. :D

As you can see, the number of rotating stars are increasing monthly.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I think this forum like many others is a labor of love on the part of the owner and moderators, It really is not a business, While it may have some "perks" it is nonprofit.
I hope contributions help pay for the start-up cost and keep us advertising free, but paying on a monthly bases I think would hurt us more then help.
On the other hand if needed a drive once in awhile to defray the cost of new software should be OK.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DONATIONS

Some of you are missing the point. The operative word is :arrow: DONATIONS :!: This is entirely VOLUNTARY - I did not mean it to be a requirement for membership!

I know some of you donate already...I was trying to make it easier by making donating an automatic thing...(Actually, I thought this would be a good way for those of us who want to donate regularly but forget (that would be :oops: ME :oops:) or never get around to it easier. People could still continue to make random donations if they wish. Meerly offering a choice.

I also wanted to bring the possibility of donating to everyone elses attention. Most people may never even think about the costs involved in keeping BurgmanUSA running. If I wasn't a webmaster myself I probably wouldn't think twice about it.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
ScubaGirl wrote
I know some of you donate already...I was trying to make it easier by making donating an automatic thing...(Actually, I thought this would be a good way for those of us who want to donate regularly but forget
You lost me -which is not hard to do- but how can a set fee be voluntary, either someone asks for the money and you are expected to pay, or why bother asking at all :?
And by automatic you mean credit card sign up ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts