Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I recently purchased a Blue Burgman 650 and love it. My only problem is my wife flipped out when it was delivered because I told her I bought a scooter. She said no its a motorcycle. I figured it was not wise to argue and let it pass over. Ive never owned a motorcycle before so I was in for a surprise when I started riding this. All the MSF classes were full for months in my area so Im riding on a learners permit now. I only have 300 miles on it but once spring hits I hope to have more. Be safe

Mel :eek:

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
welcome

Love it, understatment, Hope you riding weather lasts longer than Wisc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome Mel! The bike is awesome, that's for sure! If you're a new rider, be extra careful - wouldn't want to see something happen... it's pretty heavy... I remember that being one of the more noticable differences when I started riding it. But it does handle like a dream. 8)

Remember - lots of parking lot practice. :wink:

Enjoy!

Kenny

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ian from Chesterfield England

I have had my 650 for 4 weeks. It is brilliant. It seems to me that all the bits of riding I did not like have been taken away and I can ride pain free!

I bought mine second hand (pre used) It has just done 3500 miles. Getting it ready for its first service. i love it to bits.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Your Cojones Grandes Indeed

Mel,

I like your style. I'm on the brink of going for a 650. Just sold our house in CA and have to grab the money before the wife puts into the investment marketplace. Once it gets there, I'll be hard pressed to pry it out.

Therefore, I have started my program of acquisition. Started with a 50cc MUZ Moskito a year ago which she loves because we go down to Waikiki Beach and bandstand and never have to fight for a parking space. Park on the sidewalks legally, but that will not be possible with the 650 as it won't be classed as a moped by the City. She may just fail to realize that "downside' till it's too late.

Yesterday I made a visit to the local Suzuki dealer. Today I showed her a picture on this website, and although she shrieked, she had to admit it's a beauty. Her intitial countermeasure will be to get my older sister to browbeat me for risking our lives on a motorcycle. It will pass.

My ultimate goal is to put a sidecar on the 650 and convince her that I will really let her mother ride with us. :p

My deepest appreciation for your inspiring me to go forward.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Chickenman wrote:

My ultimate goal is to put a sidecar on the 650 and convince her that I will really let her mother ride with us.
Your a better man than me Chickenman. I won't let my mother inlaw even visit us :twisted: Hmmm wait you may have something...I could get her in a sidecar and then cruising down the highway pull the retaing pins that secure it to the bike.......and bye bye mother inlaw :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts