Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many have expressed their joy with the Burgman and let me be the first to agree with you all. WHAT A GREAT BIKE!!!

However, my transmission blew up at 13,000Km due to a bad bearing and my bike has been in the shop since October. I'm finding the repair time rather long. Apparently, parts are taking a long time to arrive.

I would like to know if others have had similar LARGE mechanical problems with the Burgman. I'm a little discouraged and I'm considering going for a more time proven bike like a Honda ST. Regrettably. I would like to know if the majority of Burgman riders out there are largely satisfied with the mechanical soundness of their machines.

Your comments are welcome.

Cordial regards from Canada,

Alberto

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike Alberto - that is so far the first I have heard of that problem, or any major mechanical failure like that. Hopefully, it is not widespread! Hopefully they are they covering it under warranty for you?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mechanical Problems with Burgman

Hello Alberto,

What model? 650 or 400? I did hear the 400 has limited lifetime on the belt and there have been some incidences when the belt has almost shredded up. The earlier models of the 400 seem to go through transmission parts at around the 25 - 30K miles and exactly what parts fail I don't know. This is about 35-40K kilometer range BTW for us Canadians. If you are Canadian then you are referring to the 650 and then this would be the first time I've heard of problems with this model.

Good luck Timothy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts