Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my 09 for a 2012 model and was surprised at the difference in miles per gal. On the 09 with 11,500 miles on it I averaged 47 MPG while on the new bike I average 54 MPG and it is barely broken in. I did notice a flat spot in acceleration around 35 MPH until I really cranked her up. I wonder if the mileage will improve as I get more miles on it. I can't believe Suzuki says we should get 38 MPG.

Could it be the windshield that could make that much difference? On the old bike I had an extra large "Clearview" windshield which I looked through while the windshield with the new one in the up position I look over the top.

I like the dash better on the new bike. I find it easier to read the numbers especially at night with the red screen.

The main reason I traded up was because I wanted the ABS braking system and the adjustable windshield. I kept all the old accessories except the Utiopa backrest which would have left a hole in the butt rest. Boy do I miss it. It is the first accessory that I ordered. It takes a month to get.

Everything else seems to be the same but I'm sure there are changes you can't see. The only weakness I find on the bike is the seat and lacking a good backrest. I bought a gel cushion and a Utopia backrest. With these items and the Givi V46 top box I'm good to go touring.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
So you traded from a regular Burgman to an Executive, or do regular Burgmans come with ABS now? JC

·
Registered
412 Posts
jcdorz said:
So you traded from a regular Burgman to an Executive, or do regular Burgmans come with ABS now? JC
I believe it was in 2011 that the standard Burgman 650 model went away. All are now executive models in the USA if not worldwide. Too expensive to market 2 models and then demand for ABS brakes...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts