Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize some of you who REALLY wanted a cruise control have installed a Rostra, but...

McCruise in Melbourne, Australia is looking for a 2013+ Burgman 650 to develop a cruise control unit. My understanding is that they let the owner of the development bike keep the McCruise unit installed for a significant discount (or even perhaps free, I'm not sure).

I'd give them my bike, but I'm a bit too far away. :cautious: So, any Australian members here interested in doing this? I had their system on my 2008 FJR1300AE and it was simply awesome. I'm sure one developed for our Burger would be just as good.

Here's the link: McCruise Bikes Wanted Page

-Dustin

·
Super Moderator
12,444 Posts
Nice,
Looks like their now typical electric servo setup.
Still a fair peck more expensive than the Rostra, but it is bespoke so a bit more plug and play.
Kinda wonder if I couldn't swap my old school one over to the electric without breaking the bank.

The month after I made this post, McCruise received their development bike, and the cruise control for the 2013+ AN650 is now available! Woot!

·
Administrator
20,188 Posts
Nice,
Looks like their now typical electric servo setup.
Still a fair peck more expensive than the Rostra, but it is bespoke so a bit more plug and play.
Kinda wonder if I couldn't swap my old school one over to the electric without breaking the bank.
Dib's on your old unit. ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,444 Posts
It'd be just the servo portion, it works OK but you can't get a replacement for it anymore.
Thought you had a Rostra Dave?

Dib's on your old unit. ;)

·
Administrator
20,188 Posts
I have a Wrist'a cruzzze control made in Sept 1954 and released in 1955. ;)

Reactions: Luckyman09

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be getting and installing one of these in the summer or fall at the latest. I can report back here on the installation experience if you all are interested.

My recollection is that the McCruise installation on my 2008 FJR went extremely smoothly. The only issue I had was trying to make the vacuum actuator fit neatly in the spot McCruise suggested I mount it. It should (hopefully) be a hair easier with the electric servo and more space under the panels on this bike.

Hope you all are doing well.

-Dustin

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
10,053 Posts
Has anyone read/heard how this CC is working out? If I had to nail down one items that Suzuki missed when building these bikes, it would be the cruise control (or lack thereof). This is a bit more than I want to pay but if it worked well enough, who knows?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts