Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maxiscooterdom in North America has started to come into it's own over the last few years. There are useful online groups like BurgmanUSA.com and a myriad of YahooGroups. There are large number of general motorcycle clubs, such as the GWRRA, that have accepeted maxiscooters in their midst. There are traditional scooter clubs who have embraced the larger beasts as part of the scooter scene. There is even a national touring scooter club, Scoot-Tours, that was around for more than a decade before the current big scoot craze, but has seen more folks turning out for the annual rally with the recent wave of new maxiscooterist.

All this is well and wonderful, however, I am curious about maxiscooter specific riding groups in North America. How many are out there? Where are they? How often do you ride together? Things of that nature.

To be clear, I would define maxiscooter riding groups for this message thread as any number of maxiscooterists that ride together at least a couple of times a year AND that have decided to advertise themselves as group for the purpose of having others join them on rides. Besides my own group in Minnesota, examples of these type of groups include Maxiscooter Riders Association of Washington and the Ft. Myers Scooter Riders.

So, if you are a member of a riding group in the United States or Canada that specifically focuses on maxiscooters, post a reply and tell us a little about your group. Thanks.

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
I'm in the process of getting a group of scooter riders together here in the Middle Tennessee area. I joined an existing (although defunct) meetup group on the meetup.com site. Awhile back, I volunteered to become the group organizer. I've managed to contact a few other riders and also invited them here to BurgmanUSA, but haven't sucessfully got the group to meet. Since the riding season is about to start, I've started a push to get the group active again. I'll be rolling inactive members off and scheduling the current members to meet up for lunch followed by a ride. I'm waiting for feedback before changing the schedule but it looks like we'll be meeting either Saturday or Sunday at noon with the ride starting at 1. Anyone local is invited to join at :

The Nashville Scooter Meetup Group

·
Registered
689 Posts
I tried to start a club riding group in North Central New Jersey last year and the response was not good, most had some kind of an excuse that would have made it next to impossible for the group to get off the ground. Everyone was too committed to other duties to pin down any riding plans, most said let me see that morning if I am free.

Starting a scooter club I believe is a lot harder than that of a regular motorcycle club for one not that much of them out there compare to other motorcycles and most who have a maxiscooter look at it as ok nice day let jump on the bike and go for a ride hey this is fun. It was the same problem I found with riding a Jet Ski when I got mine 5 years ago and still yet to find a club to join or those I see on the water are in there own little world and do not let anyone in.

·
Super Moderator
18,092 Posts
We have a group in South Central Wisconsin, & Northern Ill. area.

Nothing formal, but we do try to get together once or twice a year, for a gorup ride, or at least meet other members. A formal organization, we are not, untill there is more than the 5-9 people I can't see it happening. Distance, Time, and other commitments, being the biggest problems.

We try and hook up with other organized, open group rides, that fit our schedual, and who knows, we may meet another Burger out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts