Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from CANADA eh!... I ride a tricked out Honda 249.88cc Reflex 01 with ABS... Yes real ABS... and they work... They've saved my butt a few times... I've just joined this forum... It looks fantastic... BTW.. by tricked out, I mean I can beat a Zuki 400 off the line... Of course, he catches me pretty quickly... but, it's so much fun... RoyinCANADA

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Roy and welcome to the forum! :wave: Where abouts in Canada are you eh? Oh .........and how would you like to try your luck agaisnt a 650 :D J/K

You looking at possibly stepping up to a larger scooter?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Roy. Glad to have you join us. What mods have you put on the Reflex to trick it out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
allwalk said:
Where abouts in Canada are you eh? Oh .........and how would you like to try your luck agaisnt a 650
I live in Ontario in what we call the Lakeshore area... As for trying my luck against a 650... I am foolish but not stupid... that machine took on T-Max ( the fastest stock scooter out there ) and beat it with hands down. Of course, Gillera is now making claims that their Nexus 500 is the fastest scooter out of the box... As for moving up... I'm waiting till next spring... I have my eye on a B400k4 or the new Honda Swing when they finally arrive in Canada next February... Have to wait and see... RoyinCANADA

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
billmeek said:
Glad to have you join us. What mods have you put on the Reflex to trick it out?
I've tricked out the variator... something similar to the effect of the Mollossi variator on the B400... I also have a modified clutch... Kevlar belt ... a cut down sport windscreen... I cut that down myself... knuckle visors.... leg deflectors... metric speedo from Australia and a new bard-door windscreen from Givi.. for winter riding... Just the basic stuff...
RoyinCANADA

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pauljo said:
Welcome to BurgmanUSA!

a 400 owner can install a Malossi variator to get the same effect. :wink:
I am well aware of that... There's also a new clutch coming out in 05 for the B400... That's one of the reasons why I'd never buy the 650.. it's complicated hi-tech tranny.... where's the fun in that?
RoyinCANADA

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
bwbum2002 said:
There's also a new clutch coming out in 05 for the B400.
I've not seen anything on the '05 Burgman 400s having a new clutch design. Where did you get that info?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
billmeek said:
[. Where did you get that info?
It's not a new design... it's an aftermarket performance clutch for the B400... Supposedly, it's better adjusted for the Molossi variator... I got the rumour from a technician at the local scooter shop where they sell the Derbis and Zukis... RoyinCANADA

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Ahhh. I misunderstood. I thought you were implying the '05 Burgmans had a different clutch.

Keep us informed about the new performance clutch. I'm sure some of the forum members will be interested.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I want to see the performance items too, especially a second-sourced belt for a B400K3.

P.S. Just in time for the holidays, my BurgyBrake module is in beta testing on my
BurgyBrake allows sidestand deployment with engine running if the parking brake is on full.
Plus it has an alarm function that sounds through the Horn
if tripped while the Burgman is sleeping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ajwood said:
IBurgyBrake allows sidestand deployment with engine running if the parking brake is on full.
Plus it has an alarm function that sounds through the Horn
if tripped while the Burgman is sleeping.
Oh...I like that concept... is this a package you bought or did you make it yourself?.... I'd love to have something like that on my 250 Flex
RoyinCANADA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts