Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello group..... want to relate a story about a ride I just took. It also concerns Harley Riders so I wasn't sure if I should post it here or not . Anyway, I was traveling back roads and came into a small town and I stopped to get gas at a local station. As i pulled in there were two Harley riders fueling up also. I said hello and one of the two just kinda nodded. I fueled up as they did and I went in to pay. While I was in paying I asked the clerk directions to the next town and he told me, but as he was telling me the other clerk who was alot older and waiting on the Harley riders interrupted him and said that he shouldn't send me that way because a short stretch was interstate and that the little shitbox I was driving wouldn't be safe to be on the road.[Then he kinda smiled and winked at the Harley riders} Well it kinda hit me wrong so I told him that while he seemed to have a shitbox for a brain and that my Burgman would run 75-80 all day long I was sorry I had stopped in his shitbox station to get gas,then I walked out. The two Harley riders followed me out and Gave me a high 5. We had a good chat about the Burgman and then they asked me to run with them to the next town as they were going the same way. When we reached the town they gave me the thumbs up as they headed in another direction . Not all harley riders are bad and I'm sure I got my point across to the clerk, but who knows. Safe riding. eyes 5002

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
I'm impressed, good job.

We were out on a Sat afternoon 2:00, and stopped by a local bar for a burger (no pun intended), they were having a pig roast starting @ 4:00 for there 1st. anniversery. We pulled in back and parked next to 3 Harleys, we didn't even get our helmets off and they were asking questions about the Burgman. One of the women was really interisted because she had a problem shifting. One of the guys (husband maybe) said he hear about them but not seen one yet and asked if he could take it for a ride, I said sure, where's yours, no response.

All in all a good bunch of people.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good reactions

Eyes, I had a more pleasant experience with H-Ders yesterday. Was stopped at a light next to one--he didn't bat an eye over my scoot but the next in the parking lot thought the 400 Burgie was a new kind of motorcycle.

I explained it was a megascooter--capable of highway speeds. He seemed impressed.

Our 400 rarely fails to get a wave or a nod from folks riding trad motorcycles. And Tat-2/Frank: was that you I saw in Newtown yesterday? Looked like a silver 650.

Cheers,

Bryna

·
Registered
105 Posts
Jeez Bryna, you are spotting 'em everywhere. :shock:

Eyes, that is a great story. And you handled yourself quite well! (Shitbox for a brain... :sign5: )

·
Registered
320 Posts
LOL, Dan. I swear I see 'em in my sleep! And they look just as gorgeous there, too! :D

Bryna

·
Registered
105 Posts
Lil confused Don...are you referring to Bryna living near York? Cause first, he is a she, and second she lives by me and we are a good bit away from York County. (Did I read your statement wrong? If so, my apologies. :p )

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks Dan. Yeah, I may be a little bit on the butch side, but I'm definitely a girl. At least according to the veterinarian. :D

No worries, Don...

Bryna (not a typo :wink: )

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
:oops: Sorry, Byrna. I just never picked up on the fact that you were a gal. I guess that goes with my age!
I assumed you live somewhere between Philly and Allentown but hey, that's just a nice ride from York. We're almost neighbors.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Don't worry, Don. I get that a lot with a name so close to "Bryan". And my partner (aka The Tall One) has actually had guys almost stop her from entering a Ladies Room when they saw her from the back. :D

I consider you a neighbor! So Hi Neighbor! :blob: Maybe we can get together this summer with Dan, Frank and all.

Bryna

1 - 13 of 13 Posts