Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Maxi Scoot Meet Up 2020 Harrison, AR

11K views 56 replies 16 participants last post by  DarisPakar 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Darn. Same time as another meet-up/gathering I usually attend in Wisconsin. Otherwise I'd be interested. In October I attended a riding/camping event with the same group in Clayton Lake SP, Oklahoma so this is not outside my range.

#3 ·
Wisconsin should be cooler ...I got sunburnt and rain washed in Arkansas this year during close to the same dates....but the roads, food and friends are great memories .

You don’t happen to play cribbage do ya....the Badgers play a good game of it.

#4 ·
I'm an Iowan, but I do play Cribbage. My dad (from Chicago) took it seriously as did my father in law (from Iowa). Been awhile for me now though.

#6 ·
Cheese Curds on Steak Frys shothered in gravy.... And a pitcher of some GOOD bier. :smile

#7 ·
Well if everything comes together with my Annual Leave bid here at work, I'm hoping to make a great trip out of this.

Maxi Scooter Rally in Harrison AR from Sept 8 to 13
then a 40 mile ride over to
Scooting the Ozarks in Eureka Springs AR from Sept 14 to 19.

Hope to leave Toronto Canada on Sept 5, and return home by Sept 26

#8 · (Edited)
You went to far this time Dave_J .....Talk about thread drift..Arkansas, Wisconsin and now you got us in Quebec ;) How many miles are you from Branson Missouri Dave ?

Poutine (/puːˈtiːn/ poo-TEEN, Quebec French: [put͡sɪn] (About this soundlisten)) is a dish that includes french fries and cheese curds topped with a brown gravy. It originated in the Canadian province of Quebec and emerged in the late 1950s in the Centre-du-Québec area. It has long been associated with Quebec cuisine. For many years, it was perceived negatively and mocked, and even used by some to stigmatize Quebec society. Poutine later became celebrated as a symbol of Québécois cultural pride. Its rise in prominence led to its popularity outside the province, especially in Ontario, the Maritimes, and in the Northeastern United States.

#14 ·
Wow, back to back weeks for scooter rallies and both in the same area. I have made it to two of the STO rallies and had a great time at each. Getting time away is always tough but I will try to make both. I've ridden some of the roads around Harrison and pretty much think there are very few bad roads in the north central/northwest Arkansas area for a bike.

#15 ·
I may possibly ride out that way and make one of these rallys. Have been wanting to hit the STO for a few years, but have never made it that far west.

I wish there was a major/minor rally a little more East this year...WVA,VA, NC,SC,TN,GA,KY are more my wheelhouse state, but would like to meet some more of the folks on here.

#16 ·
The local chapters of MSTA hold annual rallies in Mt. Sterling, KY in July, Corydon, IN in early August, and Marietta, OH in late August.. I'm generally one of the only scooters there but they are good folks and excellent riders. There are several scooter rallies all over the area, too, but those are too dangerous for my tastes.

Reactions: DarisPakar
#19 · (Edited)
ibuzzard ,

Imagine a smooth rubbery piece of colby cheese or a dry mozzarella ball that is squeaky when you eat it about the size of two joints of your pinky finger.

It’s a green cheese... no age..no sharpness....bland but good. The best I had were cold smoked....Addicting and leads to a painful exit.

For you I would recommend a Chipotle Dipping Sauce.

I myself have reached next to the last rung for my need for cheese...I’m eating room temp Blue Cheese spread on saltines...I’m afraid I’ll be eating limburger before they close my lid.

#20 ·
Steve, curds are really un-aged cheese. Take Chedder Curds, they make the curds and whey. Whey is a watery waste that is drained and most times dumped.

The new curds are then chopped and packaged. They do have a softer bite to the tongue being not aged.

#21 ·
Wow. I'd love to see Arizona but my back wouldn't last on the Burgman going that far. Maybe the Versys, but that would be like a 2500 mile trip. Probably if I went, I wouldn't come back to New York City because I'm looking for a way out of this open-air prison. [emoji16]

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Louie, the rally is in North Arkansas and if you read thru the thread there will be a Big Tall Canadian on a B650 entering the States somewhere south of Toronto. I’m thinking that will be west of Niagara Falls ....If you can follow him you will not have to worry about bugs, or rain hitting you....you will probably get the best mpg ever drafting that guy. That same Giant is a magician with a camera that will make you and the Versys look like Ian MacGregor on a BMW R1150gs taming the world ;)

Maybe Steve_YYZ could chart his ride so that possibly you could meet and follow him.

#36 ·
I glad to find this rally. I love STO but the dates this year are too late for me. I work for the government and can't take leave the last 2 weeks in September (gotta spend that taxpayer dollar). I'm going to check this out and see if the logistics work out.

#37 ·
Does anybody know what the "official" hotels are going to be for both events? I'd like to get cracking on booking my hotels, planning my route, stops, etc, and of course FOOD stops and REFRESHING BEVERAGE stops (when the scooter is parked for the night)!!!!

Let me know if you know....

thanks
Steve

#38 · (Edited)
I was hoping you were bringing a tent...?

This for Harrison, AR

And this was for Eureka Springs last year.

Host hotel will again be Quality Inn Of Eureka Springs. This has been STO's host for the past several years and we have no complaints with their service and facilities. To receive the STO discount when you make reservations you must call 479-253-5241 or 800-828-0109 and tell them you are reserving for the Scooting The Ozarks Rally

#39 ·
I'm planning a ten day group road trip, from Friday September 4 through Sunday, the 13th, traveling from Grand Junction, Colorado to the Maxi-Scoot rally, spending Tuesday through Thursday on the rally rides, then back to Grand Junction. On the way to the rally, our first two days will be spent traveling a number of excellent roads in Colorado on a not very direct route. Total trip about 2500 miles plus rally rides, which look to be 100 to 300 miles a day. Including myself, I've got eight riders committed. I am still working on details, but have the route fairly firmed up and have made reservations for up to twelve people each night out to, and at the rally. To my knowledge, all eight will be returning to Grand Junction, but as some are joining from other states, including Texas, I can see them breaking away for a more direct ride home or staying over for the STO rally. That said, I have four openings on a first come basis for anyone wanting to join us from Grand Junction, with my approval. Lodging when available will be such as KOA Kozy Kabins to minimize cost, with hotels as necessary (hotel at rally). Let me know!

#49 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm planning a ten day group road trip, from Friday September 4 through Sunday, the 13th, traveling from Grand Junction, Colorado to the Maxi-Scoot rally, spending Tuesday through Thursday on the rally rides, then back to Grand Junction. On the way to the rally, our first two days will be spent traveling a number of excellent roads in Colorado on a not very direct route. Total trip about 2500 miles plus rally rides, which look to be 100 to 300 miles a day. Including myself, I've got eight riders committed. I am still working on details, but have the route fairly firmed up and have made reservations for up to twelve people each night out to, and at the rally. To my knowledge, all eight will be returning to Grand Junction, but as some are joining from other states, including Texas, I can see them breaking away for a more direct ride home or staying over for the STO rally. That said, I have four openings on a first come basis for anyone wanting to join us from Grand Junction, with my approval. Lodging when available will be such as KOA Kozy Kabins to minimize cost, with hotels as necessary (hotel at rally). Let me know!
Scot, Rick in Pueblo. I’m toying with the idea of going to the maxi meet. Was wondering if you might share your route east. You did such a great job on our trip in 2017. I also want to checkout the STO, visit my time share in Branson, and visit family.

Reactions: Blacktruck
#40 · (Edited)
Well Done Scooter_Maniac please keep us posted on developments.

*Grand Junction is only two hours from Moab.... Have you ever Scooted The Arches ? Would I cry not bringing a Dual Sport ?

* Removed and put back ......I get so excited that I cause things to drift ..... this drift is great !

#42 ·
Well Done Scooter_Maniac please keep us posted on developments.

Grand Junction is only two hours from Moab.... Have you ever Scooted The Arches ? Would I cry not bringing a Dual Sport ?
I’ve done the arches a number of times. A duel sport isn’t needed. It’s mostly good paved roads with parking available for walking trailheads to the features. There are limited dirt/gravel roads, one of which I took on my 650. I’ve got cheap side case racks with too much flex, and hitting some washboards on that road was one of three times I’ve thrown off a side case. Other concerns on that road are a low water crossing that can be flooded, but can also have soft sane when dry. Nevertheless, I made it the seven miles to the trailhead which took me to a wonderfully rewarding view...

#45 ·
STO update.

Lance posted this on Facebook today.

"Hello my fellow scooter friends.
I honestly and truly hope and pray that you all are well.
I never thought I'd see a time like this in my lifetime. It's so tragic and sad. I try to keep a positive attitude about all of this.
Right now we all are living in a different world. It's crazy. But I believe that we'll get through this mess.
As far as the rally goes. It's still on at this point. Yes it's still a good few months away. Hopefully by then everything will be normal.
If we unfortunately have to cancel this year's rally due to the virus outbreak. I'll let you know. Whoever has already paid I can either refund that. Or just hold it over until the next rally. So that way you'll already have registered for the next time.
But we haven't gotten to that point. And I hope we don't. I'm looking forward to this year's rally.
So that's all I have at the moment.
Please stay safe try to stay well.
Hug your loved ones tell them you love them. Because we don't know what tomorrow brings or the future holds. God Bless until next post.
Lance"

#46 ·
I wasn't even aware we had to register for STO. I've got all my hotels booked for 21 nights away (including the Maxi-Scoot the week before) and my ride down and back. I used an on-line booking site so I can cancel without cost if I have to.
I'm just assuming if I'm there I can register and ride.
As it's still 5 months away and so much can change in that time, I'll just let my bookings ride for a while and make my decision later.

#47 · (Edited)
th
I wasn't even aware we had to register for STO.
They offer a great discount and a t-shirt if you are an early bird registrant. You can register any time even for one day if you want....That was the way it was last year.

#52 ·
Well, if it is not canceled, I still plan to go to the maxi scooter rally, September in Arkansas. A ten day trip, departing my place Friday morning, September 9. Motels and KOA cabins and dining out the whole time, so minimal gear (will require sleeping bag or bedding). I’ve got the route planned out, including gas, lunch and overnight stops, and reservations made at all overnight stops to accommodate up to twelve people. I still have at least two spots available and possibly more if any early respondents drop out. I’ll be contacting them all in the next couple days to find out. First come, first served to anyone 1) that can get along, 2) gears up appropriately, 3) who, along with their bike is capable of multiple days of 300-400 miles in any weather and can maintain legal highway speeds, 4) who, given the above is ready for an awesome trip, and 5) whom I approve. Contact me ASAP to request a spot.

#56 ·
Personally, I'm going to think about it, although I might go to Harrison, AR, instead of Eureka Springs because I've got the "Explore Harrison" brochure with nine routes that originate there, eliminating the need for me to create new ones. Besides, I hope to get back to Eureka Springs next year, so why not try someplace new?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.