Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but am here because I need some info when considering buying a Burgman. We're looking for a better long distance 2 up tourer than our VStrom(great bike, just can't make it work for me and my back, surprisingly enough). I've had a GL1800 which my wife loved, and she also loved a Victory Cross Country Tour which we demoed. However, I like smaller (and cheaper and better mileage). We are definitely considering a Burgman, but my wife really liked a good wrap around back rest.

Has anyone ever used a Matazu VIP trunk with the wrap around backrest on a Burgman? Would it interfer with opening the seat? Any issues with mounting a trunk on a model that has the built in back rest? I'd want to remove it, but don't know if that would leave a gap in the plastic and how to fill that.

For that matter, anyone know of a wraparound backrest that would fit a Givi E52 or something similar?

I've gone through the transmission threads and still don't have a good feel for how often there are problems and if the stopper bolt change eliminates most of the problems. Comments?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have the Matazu VIP truck with wrap around backrest. My wife loves it. It does not interfere with opening the seat altho it does inhibit the VIP truck lid slightly as the backrest hits the box before the stop cable for the lid. In my opinion that is minor compared to my wife's comfort.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
For that matter, anyone know of a wraparound backrest that would fit a Givi E52 or something similar?
A backrest is available for the E52 and I have been using one for over 6 years. My wife loves it and regularly (i.e. every ride outside of the city) falls asleep on the back of my B650 leaning back against it.

It is not a wraparound backrest but neither is the backrest on the Mutazu VIP a true wraparound backrest (i.e it doesn't have arm rests).

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Have Maxia E52 that on 3rd motorcycle now, will install also on next burgie. This product more expensive than cheap ABS box like Mutazu and Besteem product, often have E52 so full can hardly close lid and must force it close, cheap Mutazu and Besteem product would easy crack cover and break hinge under such treatment.

If have passenger very often such as wife you want very best product available for supporting passenger safely without worry. No true wrap around backrest for any GIVI product or for MuZatu or Besteem, available GIVI backrest pad is very soft, spongy and confortable.

Important advantage of GIVI is can pe put on or take off in 2 second as you need, take in to hotel room, leave in garage if not require for ride, etc., it never wet or have dust inside.

GIVI box is made with polypropylene which stronger, more resilient than ABS, as you keep GIVI product very very long time cost per mile long term is less expensive with GIVI. Always easy to sell GIVI box if not need any more, plenty of buyer for this.

Good luck with purchase decision,

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had a Mutazu VIP on my previous bike. It was very inexpensive and very cheaply made. The backrest was wrap around but not really and unless your wife is tiny, it won't be any good. This time I went with the Bestem 929. Very good and sturdy 2x as much as the Mutazu and half the cost of Givi. Middle of the road if you will. No real true wrap around backrest as stated before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for your replies. I'll checkout the Bestem 929 vs the E52. 'Course now I have to find the right Burgman.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts