Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Text shamelessly stolen from MotorcycleCity.com

The Dolmar company of Hamburg, Germany, has been producing gasoline chain saws since 1927. Their product line consist of machines designed rugged enough for the professional, but economical enough for homeowners. With Dolmar's reputation in Europe as a pioneer in the small engine power tool industry, it is not surprising to learn that they have applied their engineering skills to a custom motorcycle. But taking it a step further, the team at Dolmar used their own powerplant. Twenty-four of them! The result is a one-of-a-kind stretched out monster motorcycle called the Dolmette.

The combined power of 24 Dolmar chain saw engines is fed into to a 5-speed Harley-Davidson transmission by an awesome series of primary belts. All the engines were tuned and tweaked to deliver their maximum power output. When all 24 engines are combined, the result is a 24-cylinder, 2-stroke power plant with a total displacement of 116 CI (1900 cc) putting out about 170 Horsepower!

In the initial trials at the Contidrom test track near Hannover-Germany, the Dolmette achieved speeds in excess of 120 MPH in third gear! Currently the bike is being featured at publicity events around Europe and causing quite a stir. Just cranking the engines, twelve on each side, is enough to get your blood pumping!

You can see and hear this bike run at the Dolmette web site, and believe me, it's well worth taking a look.

http://www.dolmette.com/

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
While I am sure tuning it is a beast, and starting 24 -pull start- motors has got to be fun, The one thing that would drive me nuts is how long it takes to fill up all 24 tanks. :(

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Hopefully they are all fed by a single large gas tank. Us older gents would be too tired to ride after pull starting all 24 engines... Spark plug change time should be fun... :shock:

And how about the vibration from sitting on top of 24 running chain saw engines. (Check the expression on the rider's face.) :lol:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Saw that a while back. I think it was on SuzukiBikes.com. What I really love about it, is the sound! But then, I like my 650 diesel. :wink:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
In looking further at the site Bill lists above there is a wealth of info on diesel bikes....some now being made commercially in Germany. When you refer to your 650 as "dieseling"...does it sound like this 850 Centaurus?
:lol: :lol:

http://www.centaurus.de/modelle/moped.mp3

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ted clement said:
When you refer to your 650 as "dieseling"...does it sound like this 850 Centaurus?
Ack! I hope not. :p

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
ted clement said:
When you refer to your 650 as "dieseling"...does it sound like this 850 Centaurus?
http://www.centaurus.de/modelle/moped.mp3
Not even remotely. Actually I thought that sound file was pretty cool...

The AN650 sound is just a gear rattle at idle that sounds a bit like a diesel idling. If you have a real diesel stop next to you at a light, I am afraid that the Burgman is no competition... :lol:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Does that come with automatic chokes for those 24 hamsters in a cage? Can ya imagine going through a drive-through with that? "I said yes to the fries and burger, but no secret sauce."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts