Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I bought my Burgman for commuting to work I don't go on a lot of trips with it. So I documented my ride to work with a pictorial. It's not real exciting but a good example of how rural I am. Here's the link...
http://24.26.194.248/Burgman/myride.html

If you put your mouse over one of the thumbnails you will read my comments and if you click a thumbnail a new window will open with a 400x300 (larger) picture will appear. Hope you enjoy it. :)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Stu,

You have a nice drive to work. I looks very peaceful. Thanks for sharing.

Janine :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Ok I realize I've been without my bike for some time now, but I enjoyed the ride to work with you. :D

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Cool ride to Work Stu.

Enjoyed it a lot. Wish I could ride that road. Seems like it would be fun.

Joe

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live a few hundred yards from one end of it and it is an 11 mile (or so) road) that goes nowhere except serving as my shortcut to work, cutting 10 miles or more off my ride. Thanks for going to work with me! :D
I added the 'mouse-over' text to the right side of each picture to remove a bit of the tedium of having to drive your mouse.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks, Stu.

Nice roads. Taking those photographs must have taken ages, but I'm glad you took the time. Pleasant and interesting.

:thumbleft:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, taking the pictures only lengthened my ride to work by about an hour. What took all the time was resizing and adjusting the pictures for glare/fuzziness, making all the thumbnails and uploading them and doing all the comments and creation of the page (about 4 hours). But if folks get any enjoyment from it then it's worth the time! :)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Great ride!

What a great idea! Thanks for taking the time to share these pics with us. I wish my 14 mile ride to work was as scenic...

I thoroughly enjoy it.

Dee

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks folks. Refined it a bit and my adoring wife lovingly made me a beautiful background for my burgman pages and fixed some typos of mine. I think I'm done, might add some milages just for cohesion and detailing but I think it's completely finished other than that. :D

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Makes me seriously homesick for Texas, thanks Stu!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Stu

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to document your ride to work - that is a great commute you have and I envy you.

My ride is rather boring in that (for the UK) it is a major highway (not a motorway or freeway though) but it does have a couple of interesting views particularly so in the autumn (fall! :p).

When I get around to replacing my digital camera (the one I 'lost' in Florida - I may just do a similar exercise.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
what road is that? Maybe a Sportster and a Volusia can go take a spin on it. :wink:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your very welcome Wyldman, hope it's a good missing feeling and not a bad one! :)

Norm, I'd love to see em when you get the opportunity! :) Cuz I'm just a Baker St. muse! ;)

Nancy, It's a wonderful road for ANY bike. But, then, there are so many out this way. It's called FM 1005. Just use mapquest for Magnolia Springs, Tx. and you will find it! :) From Woodville it's about 10 miles south on 69 and then close to 20 miles east on FM 1013 at Hillister (just under 5 miles after you cross the Neches River) you turn left and find yourself on FM1005! :) After you get up to Jasper you can either head back west on 190 or head east on 190 towards some great twisties over towards LA. or head north (more) up 96 to the lakes (Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend). I'd recommend going up to Pineland and heading east to Yellowpine and head back southwards on 87 for twisties. Down at Mayflower you can head to the dam of Toledo Bend and wrap around and go south on LA. side or continue south towards Newton (etc.) or back towards Jasper on 63. So many roads and almost all of them are great rides.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
It's a good missing, Stu.

It's funny, but every one of those roads you describe, I've been on, just not on a bike, usually dragging a boat behind the Lightning, but sometimes not. Believe it or not the Lightning LOVES twisties! And I can tell you now, she gets more than her share up here in KY!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'll add it to my list of places to go. I am going to try to get my A-Z done or at least mostly done this year and was going to go up to Woodville to grab the W and eat some chicken. You said Zion on one photo...I think. Is that a town? We have a Mt. Zion close to here but the Zion would be better.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
is that a town called Nancy on that map?!?!?!?
What an awesome name for a town!!!! I gotta go there. :D

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hehe, I was wondering if you'd catch that. It's between Woodville and Zavalla also, right on 69. Just don;t blink! ;)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Selias said:
hehe, I was wondering if you'd catch that. It's between Woodville and Zavalla also, right on 69. Just don;t blink! ;)
I think we blinked because we sure didn't see any signs or anything. **sigh** Ended up going all the way to Lufkin. I kept my eyes out for a scooter but never saw one on the road. :? 259 miles on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts