Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

Premium Member
OMFG! I can't believe what I just heard on faux news!
they were talking about school and the risk to students... and (I kid you not) they reported that there would be NO RISK to students from the virus traveling through a school's ventilation system!!!!

Yet that is exactly what happened on at least 1 cruise ship, where the infection rate spiked among passengers.
our school system is spending potloads of money on modifying the air conditioning systems to change the filters and make them capable of cleaning the air sufficiently, so great, I've been aboard ships with this same filtration system, positive ventilation etc, it can be done. but unless the sick person sitting right next to you breathes into the filter or at least in the inlet side of the filter instead of close to you , it's a waste of money. There's a lot of things our school systems waste money on. Summer feeding programs , after school care, ah I'm ranting .

Reactions: VSF11

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
If the concern is for breathing air forward and spreading / receiving covid, I guess we could all wear a snorkel and affix it to point up... if I were to do that, I would do it with dual chrome ones so I can look cool like a Peterbilt 379.

Premium Member
If the concern is for breathing air forward and spreading / receiving covid, I guess we could all wear a snorkel and affix it to point up... if I were to do that, I would do it with dual chrome ones so I can look cool like a Peterbilt 379.
now we talkin! maybe with little filters at the top, big chrome breathers and a couple shiney exhausts?

Registered
Discussion Starter #46
Yes, but you can't go real big on the diameters, or too long. Or else you may start walking around not alive. And being unalive could make riding a Burgman more tricky.

Registered
You don't need drugs to deal with this - you should instead try altering your mindset from "OMG the virus is going to get me" to "I'm not letting some virus (and idiots who deny it) take ME out!"

I do need them. if im by myself im fine. even when I sit in a park . but I get psycho when people get close to me, or stand next to me or even talk my way. especially when they have their mask down off their noses. dont look at me dont stand close to me, get the hell away from me. do your own thing, but as soon as I even see someone in my vicinity I start to panic.
I see people disregarding distancing and proper wearing of a mask. very loose, down to their mouth and chins, it makes me rage.

I work as a security guard at night in a very high end tech area. one company decided yesterday to do renovating. they had tons of people all night passing through the lobby, I felt like I wanted to take a taser and connect it to a stick, anyone within 10 feet, I would without mercy shock them. they kept wanting to make chit chat. there were movers to take furniture out and those doing the construction. around 16 or so people. all foreign workers who live in groups together in poverty areas. my heart rate was very high. I kept getting up and walking away. we have 4 elevators in the building. I closed all the other 3 and forced them to all use 1. they were all without masks, all grouped together in the elevator. get infected and goto hell for all I care. if you dont care for your own safety or even spreading it to others, I have no care. they walk around touting its a flu and its a lie and its no big deal. whatever. you want to think whatever you want. dont come near me. dont even look at me. do your stuff and leave me be. finish your work and go home.
instead of peace and quiet at night, I now have to hear jackhammers, them speaking russian, ethiopian and romanian nonsense in and out of the building.

so im not worried about the virus ("getting me") because I keep distance and stay to myself as I can.im considerate of others but the issue is me day to day in the outside world. thats when my panic goes crazy. people dont care to be considerate that others do care to distance and wear masks and you (not you, the person) coming close to me and disregarding me being worried is what will push me over. they dont understand the concept of personal space here. so if you ask them dont stand close, they look at you like "whats the problem, what happened thats so bad" and im used to that from the us to keep my distance and respect personal space.

Registered

I work as a security guard at night in a very high end tech area. one company decided yesterday to do renovating. they had tons of people all night passing through the lobby, I felt like I wanted to take a taser and connect it to a stick, anyone within 10 feet, I would without mercy shock them. they kept wanting to make chit chat. ...

Registered
you guys are awesomely hilarious. good folks here. thank you

41 - 54 of 54 Posts