Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been on my mind since I started wearing masks and saving lives. I wonder … it's a fact that masks prevent the spread of covid. And, some of the people who contract covid subsequently discontinue being alive. Doing the math, that means that wearing these masks saves lives. I can agree with that. But since I'm a conservative person, someone is now bound to not agree. Anywho...

That has led me to wonder about RATE. How many lives am I saving per day? How many lives are we all saving per day wearing these masks? Now I'm not talking about just any ole hooptie mask. I'm talking about the masks that work. That's not the subject here, right masks or wrong masks. I'm strictly referring to lives saved per day from wearing masks that work.

I'd have to say I am probably saving, ohhhhh about 10 lives per day. Now, other people who live in a more populated area, they're naturally going to save more lives per day than me. For instance, someone who lives in downtown Tokyo, they're rate will be higher than mine. How many lives do they save per day? Population density is going to play a part in just how many lives us mask wearers are saving per day. It's got to be like 100 lives per day saved wearing a mask in downtown Tokyo.

If I wanted to be a better person, maybe I should move into downtown Atlanta, so as to increase my Life Savings Rate (L.S.R.). Or move to downtown New York … boy my LSR would go sky high if I did that. And I would be a much better person for having done so, relocated to a higher population density area so I could increase how many lives I save per day.

Thoughts? Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Concerns? I.E. I should go see a shrink? 😁

7milesout

·
Premium Member
8,323 Posts
I save lives by going into an empty room to fart.

Reactions: ByronW

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah c'mon man, I'm trying to be serious here. When you do that, you're only saving maybe 1 or 2 lives per day. That's insignificant compared to masks.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Listen I have to be honest. Im not certain those numbers are legit but if you save one thats great.who really knows

I try not to even be around anyone to even think about saving lives.

I feel my panic attacks and stress from it also has ruined my vision. Im now seeing blurry and have bad double vision. The situation around the world is stressing me like ive never felt.

Curios when this will slow down around the world and how it will subside. I dont think a vaccine thats effective will happen but who knows. Only time will tell

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Listen I have to be honest. Im not certain those numbers are legit but if you save one thats great.who really knows

I try not to even be around anyone to even think about saving lives.

I feel my panic attacks and stress from it also has ruined my vision. Im now seeing blurry and have bad double vision. The situation around the world is stressing me like ive never felt.

Curios when this will slow down around the world and how it will subside. I dont think a vaccine thats effective will happen but who knows. Only time will tell
Double Up on Zinc, Vita C & D and get the morning sunshine ..... Don’t turn on the tv. Hang out here and read all Mikey’s and my corny posts .... twice.... and when Death comes for you... throw him down on the floor put your knee on his neck and tell him he’s late....🤣

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is one liberal-biased article. The descriptive naming of people(s) of different thinking says a lot about the liberal mindset. It clarifies that because liberals assume they're right about everything that makes them the intellectuals, and that anyone who dares not agree with them are simply mouth-breathing Neanderthals. That's enough to make anyone who dares to think with their own brain and have any level of confidence in what they personally think, want to puke. And (not literally) hold their hand up in the face of all liberals and tell them to, "talk to the hand."

I'll think independently and won't consider myself an "anti-intellectual" in doing so, thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Ah c'mon man, I'm trying to be serious here. When you do that, you're only saving maybe 1 or 2 lives per day. That's insignificant compared to masks.
Before you make LSR assumptions, you should probably experience a few of Mikey's best. He may be doing more for humanity than you think.

Reactions: mikeyMarine

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I gave that a good chuckle. Because it reminded me of a guy that I worked with (while I worked my way through college). This guy's farts were so horrible smelling, while he did entertain himself thoroughly with his talent, he was always worried he had something unhealthy going on inside his "guts." He would make people M-A-D from his stench. Noone he ever aimed it at ever had a laugh about it. They would always get angry. His gas was unnaturally repugnant. In every instance. Mine vary, from nothing to rank. His were constantly horribly repugnant. Even a little squeaker had serious consequences.

We worked with this machine that loaded boxes on trays. Said trays would send the boxes all around the building to be slid down to a belt to convey the package into its respective trailer. Well, because these boxes came past us rather rapidly and onto the trays, someone would stand downstream and center the boxes on the trays so they could have their barcodes scanned properly and wouldn't fall off the tray. Well, being downstream put them in harm's way from Stephan. All Stephan had to do was ease himself back against the trays (and boxes) that were coming by quickly, and that machine created an air flow down to the person straightening the boxes on the trays. That person downstream strongly disliked Stephan. One time this girl was up there (which was unusual because even the girls who were working in the building with us, didn't like to do work). Which made it very rare to have a girl around. Well Stephan did his thing very covertly. Within 3 seconds this girl exploded in anger, slammed a box down, started yelling at both of us as she didn't know who the perpetrator was and we were both laughing, and left the area and went and yelled at the manager. She never worked up there again. Stephan and I laughed till we cried from the time he backed up to the sorter, all through the time the girl exploded in anger, for the next 30 minutes. Ahhhhh memories.

We had to go through a little guard shack where the guard ensured actual employees were the only one to enter. We had to scan an I.D. tag, or punch in a number or something. It was the middle of winter and the guard had a heater in there with a fan. Stephan said with a smile, "I advise you to go first, I'm going to light this guy up." I did, Stephan exited the little guard shack smiling and walking quickly. The guard stepped out soon after and glared at Stephan like he wanted to kill him. We laughed for the rest of the walk into the building. 😁

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Wearing a mask DOES provide (some) protection for the wearer (Journal of General Internal Medicine, 31 July 2020). How bad your case is depends on how much virus you're exposed to. Asymptomatic or mild cases can be the result of exposure to small viral doses, and a mask might stop enough to prevent a severe case.

(Stripped this out of a post I just made on another thread -- this is a better place for it.)

·
Premium Member
8,323 Posts
Naw you guys got me all wrong, dincha read the article where coronavirus can be passed thru farting ?

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Administrator
18,687 Posts
This is a final warning to those members that can not keep their personal political opinions to them self and go out to attack other members.

Also a warning to the constant trolling comments. The offending members will be removed from the forum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Masks DO NOT make one immune to catching the virus - What they do is reduce the risk.
Seriously, we will NEVER see the end of this, and the reason is that there are way too many idiots (aka "plague rats") who ignore the hazard in favor of believing the king of the oompa loompas that "it's all a hoax".

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I hate the mindset of, a mask isn't going to protect you 100% or filter it completely so why wear a mask.

A mask is to reduce the risk and if its 1% that may help me, I'll take it. If everyone wore a mask properly all the time and kept distance, it would be no where as bad as it is now.

Shut up and wear your mask, even if you don't think it filters 100%. Don't be a selfish person. Be a better person and think of others as well.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I spoke to my ex around 2 months ago. she does that. out of no where contacts me. so we spoke a bit and she brought the ""it's all a hoax"" or something like" its a lie". I wish I could smack her through the phone.

·
Premium Member
8,323 Posts
I spoke to my ex around 2 months ago. she does that. out of no where contacts me. so we spoke a bit and she brought the ""it's all a hoax"" or something like" its a lie". I wish I could smack her through the phone.
do NOT fart on the phone thinking it will bother HER! next place that phone is going? close to your mouth. (Don't ask)

Reactions: Dave_J and s-steel

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
thats hilarious. you think ahead

all my bodybuilding and eating eggs and protein powder made me a stinky electric blanket at night. she was used to my farts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Masks DO NOT make one immune to catching the virus - What they do is reduce the risk.
Seriously, we will NEVER see the end of this, and the reason is that there are way too many idiots (aka "plague rats") who ignore the hazard in favor of believing the king of the oompa loompas that "it's all a hoax".
No, we will see the end of this, but it will get a LOT worse before it gets better.
At 1,000 per day dying, the covidiots simply aren't scared enough to act responsibly. They use the fallback nonsense that it's not worse than the flu.
When it gets to 5,000 or even 10,000 deaths per day, or whatever number it takes, at some point it will cross the fear threshold of even the stoutest denyers and hoax believers. Only then will a large enough percentage of the population finally realize that they need to do something... anything, to get the virus under control.
That same stupidity is why in 1918 the Spanish flu had to get to a vastly more serious and deadly 2nd wave before the message sunk in. And that took 20 -50 MILLION deaths worldwide to make that lesson sink in.
Bend over and kiss your arse goodbye, because we're in for a tough ride ahead!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've seen info, I'm not exactly sure and don't remember the details, but seems there was talk of people hanging out in warm to sweltering cars, or campers. I believe it was supposed to be a doctor (but who knows who it really was) stated that environment to be like a Petri dish spreading covid like a culture. And then this weekend, my dad stated he heard leaving things in a hot car were supposed to kill covid. At 140° inside a hot car for example, I have my doubts that's going to kill covid.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts