Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone out there in Burgman land. I've been an owner since July 14th. I discovered your forum that night and I have been following all the new postings since then. I find the how-tos and links very helpful, but almost overload. I find some new gadjet everytime I log on. I spent $6800 to buy it, and if I actually bought everything that I would like to, I'd be over 10K!.

I ordered the Givi mount, Maxia trunk, and top rail immediately and installed it as soon as I got it. It took about 1 1/2 hours, with much help from your forum site. Two other products I heard about from your site and bought immediately. I have a Laminar Lip installed - works excellently at speeds to 90+. I have a lead foot, and 70 west out of Baltimore you have to go that fast to keep up with traffic. I have a backrest coming.

I'm also considering handle bar risers, and am looking at the various speakers/cd/mp3 systems out there. The system from shoreline seems to be the only on specific for scooters. I wonder if you can fit a subwoofer on the hump? Cruise control, turn signal cancellation and bells, side bags, XM radio installation. Have I missed anything neat or necessary?

I've been riding for 39+ years, from a 1965 Honda Sport 50 through a 92 BMW R100RT. I've been away for a couple of years and really looked at how I rode and what I wanted before deciding on the Burgman. Several of your older riders went for the same things I did. Less bulk than a Goldwing, but with excellent comfort, and cold/wet weather protection. The Burgman has been all of this and more. I am ecstatic over the power and handling of the 650. I'm 6' 230 and my wife is 5' 8" and 160. Even with 2 up, it has plenty of power for passing and is more comfortable for my wife than any other bike I've owned.

Next year is the Corbin seat. (had one on my Beemer - it's the best!)

I hope to hear from anyone in the Maryland/Virginia/West Virginia area to set up some rides.

Thanks again for the site!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh, saw the shocks - but the stock seem to work fine for me - at setting 5. Maybe when they need replacing, whenever that might happen.

Forget the aftermarket exhaust. My son's flowthroughs on his Camaro made all my neighbors mad. They would probably picket outside the house with another noisemaker.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
DR, welcome to the group. I lived over in Severn for 30 years before retiring from Ft. Meade and visitted Ellicott City many times and of course the good rodes out in W. Md. and onward. Moved to N.C. for cheaper living but miss ole Md. sometimes....but not the traffic. :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
DR, Since you are just down the road a bit, I will invite you to take a look at our SCRC bike group. We meet every Tuesday night around 6:00 or 6:30 at the Stone Cellar (in the basement of the Blue Pointe Grille) on Route 40 in Ellicott City. The steamed shrimp is great. When the weather is good, we go out for a ride after. We have a wide range of bikes and riders. Good group of people. I am the only scooter so far. I think I have shown I can keep up with them. They keep testing me. It's a fun group, hope to see you there sometime.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi DR

Welcome and congratulations on 'de-cloaking'.

While you wait for the cruise control mod, may I recommend the Throttle Rocker II.

They are not to everyones taste, but I think they are brilliant and at £10 cheap enough to trial without feeling 'done' if it does not 'float yer boat'.

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts