Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Would you be interested in purchasing the Executive model (with ABS) if offered in 2005?

• USA: In a heartbeat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CANADA: Yes/Oui

• Not interested

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing to do with me really. But here goes.

There has been much talk and interest in the Executive version of the Burgman 650, this model has ABS.

Currently this is not available in the North American markets and the future intentions of Suzuki in introducing it there (here?) are unknown.

The very best way to inform and potentially influence Suzuki Marketing is by personal letter and this poll is no substitute for that action by individuals.

However we have a poll facility too ( and if I do not completely mess it up) so we can also use that to ask those that have a desire to purchase this Executive model to throw their hat in the ring.

I will leave it to the Forum owner and band of brothers to determine how the results are conveyed to Suzuki (USA) and Suzuki (Canada).

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pauljo said:
Norman - and whoever else has an opinion on this,

Should we add a third vote category for those folks who are NOT interested in paying extra for the Executive model?
Pauljo

I was using the KISS principle.

But I follow your logic.

However, once the poll is established, it appears that you cannot move the goalposts.

If you wish me to tear it down and start again - I am content to do that.

I await direction. :wink:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
"Not interested" option added per PM with Norman.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I voted not interested at this point in time. I plan on keeping my 650 for at least 4 years. Besides other than ABS which I'm not overly thrilled with, or the electric folding mirrors that I have no need for, it is mechanically the same as mine. So why bother in my case when I'm completely happy?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The current Executive package leaves me unexcited. I am not an ABS fan. The Burlwood trim looks OK, but I don't really want fake wood trim. Don't need electric folding mirrors either. There are, however, things they could do to really set it apart from the standard AN650. Air suspension, Hard luggage, Electrically Adjustable Windscreen - I could go on... It would cost a lot more, but it would be worth it to the buyer who wants ultimate comfort and convenience.

If they don't add some significant additional items, I think they would be better off adding an optional Burman 650 with ABS to the line-up. Honda Silverwing and Reflex both have standard and ABS equipped models, with about a $500 price difference. This would satisfy the ABS fans, and at a reasonable price. They could then enhance their line of accessories, which could be selectively purchased by owners of either model. You could then custom taylor your Burgman, paying for only the accessory items you really want.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I replied "yes" because I don't have a Burgman 650 yet. I am patiently waiting to see what the new model year brings first.

Having driven ABS bikes before, I can say that I absolutely love them...just don't, I repeat "don't", link the brakes together!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts