Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the earlier post, I have now made my mind up to trade the GSX-R1000 in for the Burgman 650
So today I went down to the dealer and did the deed :)
One disappointment was the colour, I had set my heart on the Silver, but in the UK, they only do the executive (ABS) in Black :( It does look nice in the Black, but I had made my mind up on the silver, well never mind....
Now I have took the plunge, Its all your fault!!!
I am now like a kid waiting for christmas! I pick up the scoot next week

I will keep you posted

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Hey Andy, I know the feeling. I'm trading-in my Honda 1100 Shadow Tourer on a 650. I called the dealer yesterday to confirm the deal and now he's trying to locate a silver '04. He has a black one in stock but I really like the silver. If he can't find a silver, I'll have to make up my mind about the black. :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I think once you ride it you will be thanking us and not blaming us.........any ways Toronto has a population of 3.5 million if you decide to come looking for me :tongue1:
All joking aside.....you will enjoy it

·
Registered
498 Posts
Andy, good job. I had to get the colour I wanted, which ruled the ABS Executive out. It also ruled out all '04 & '03 models, so I spent 4 weeks looking for a new, unregistered white '02 model. It would be good if I could retrofit the ABS. Furthermore, you get power assisted folding mirrors, you lucky sod! that's a 250 quid cost option on the standard model, and very useful for streamlining oneself when filtering through tighter lines of traffic.

One thing is for sure, you will look mean on your black 650 - and you'll part the waves, as other riders and motorists will suspect that you are an unmarked Police biker. Police bikes are pure white VFR800s over here, and despite the 650's width whenever I wear a white helmet, filtering becomes extremely easy. Who needs blues and twos..?

All you need now is a giant cover. Don't bother with ground anchors and the like, as no bugger can push the thing with the ignition off anyway...

Lycheed

·
Registered
16 Posts
Black is cool 8) . Easy to get a matching jacket, boots and helmet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Andy

I traded my Honda CBR1100 (Blackbird) in for a Burgy650. I can tell you mate this is one hell of a machine. I still go out with my mates ( one blackbir, two vfr's)and have never had a complaint that i was holding them up,it goes like stink.If I win the loto then i am going to get the Exec.

Paul ( Doncaster )

·
Registered
247 Posts
Guess I too have traded. I sold my 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300cc last year and have now purchased the 650 Burgman. I found the Venture too top heavy for around town. All the bags, trunk, fairing, gas tank and the V-4 engine made it quite the experience when coming to a stop with a passenger on. You got your two feet down as fast as possible - even going so far as to just using the front brake for the final 10 feet so I could have both feet off the pegs ready to touch down. I'm 6'3" and 210lbs so it wasn't because I was too small for the bike. But it was a fantastic highway bike.

·
Registered
409 Posts
like Arby, I sold my 87 Venture Royale. Great bike but do not miss it for a moment. Thoroughly enjoy the Burgman 650 now thatI have it set up to my liking

·
Registered
308 Posts
I see we have another good man who has come to his senses :D

How very exciting. A black one, with ABS too! Congrats :thumbright:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Guess I'm the minority view here. I like black. I'd trade my silver 650 for a black in a heartbeat, despite the silver not showing dust (lots of dirt roads in these parts).

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm with White. Love my black. 8)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I bought the dark blue 04 Burgman. During the day it looks blue but at night it turns black. Guess I have the best of both worlds ; - }

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I decided last week to take the black 650 that my dealer had in stock rather then wait for him to find a silver one. I had him add the chrome piece between headlights and it made a big difference (it was too much black for me). It really looks sharp! Had a lot of compliments the first few days. :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
decided last week to take the black 650 that my dealer had in stock rather then wait for him to find a silver one. I had him add the chrome piece between headlights and it made a big difference (it was too much black for me). It really looks sharp! Had a lot of compliments the first few days.
Any photos of the Chrome trim fitted especially on a Black one. I saw a silver one in a brochure picture, but is was low-res and I could'nt see the trim against the silver.
How does the chrome trim fit to the beast?

Andy

·
Registered
498 Posts
Andy, check out this link. Standard Suzuki option. It kind of makes the black model look mean, rather trucklike, and similar to a black GoldWing.

www1.quolia.com/hm1985/ skywave650.htm

For the black riders, $100 well spent.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey lycheed, tried the link but it does'nt work???

Andy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts