Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Burgman Exe 650 and it did not have a manual with it. I suppose the previous owner misplaced it. I tried the Suzuki website, but they only sell a service manual for $90.00 I just want to know how to the basics... Any thoughts?
Cheers

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought a Burgman Exe 650 and it did not have a manual with it. I suppose the previous owner misplaced it. I tried the Suzuki website, but they only sell a service manual for $90.00 I just want to know how to the basics... Any thoughts?
Cheers
You don't really need a manual,this forum has everything you need. LeDude's - Burgman Center 02

·
Super Moderator
2,290 Posts
There's an old 2003 B650 shop manual kicking around the various manual websites.
I won't link it here due to potential copy-write issues and site conflict, but since it's been out there forever & Suzuki hasn't overtly gone after that one it's a bit gray legally vs. overt piracy IMHO.

There are some overtly illegal copies of a few varied years kicking around. They're usually a bad .pdf of a paper manual from the couple I've seen chunks of.
Places offering those tend to come and go a bit as you'd suspect, but a few folks have bought them.

I don't recommend them on a few levels. Suzuki makes a fine manual, but they also charge for it.
Once in a while a legit used one comes up on eBay or a used book site. They usually gets snapped up if they're priced reasonably from what I've seen.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
I’d create my own captain/ships log (even if you have the manual)

Go to LeDudes site and download the periodic maintenance schedule

Go to the Suzuki shop with VIN # and have them print out service history and recalls.

Bring the bike up to date maintenance wise

Formulate any other specific questions you have and post here.

The big one right now for you would be an explanation of the of the Optional Drive Options.

The B650 has a unique final drive with options at you finger tips.

Power Button on left side will help accelerate from stop lights and up mountain passes allowing higher rpms before automatically shifting good up to about 50mph. I like to use it to show those behind me they are not following a normal scooter 😁

Manual Shifting D-M yellow button on left side with the up/down buttons this will allow you to take the bike thru the electronic gears/settings .... most of us don’t use it but it’s there.

I hopes this will show you that you will be fine with out the User Manual. Which is the size of a slim wallet with not much in it.

Just stop in after your morning and evening prayers and enjoy the wisdom of the Burgman Elders.

Reactions: Plum loco

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Interesting...I could have sworn they used to sell owner's manuals on the genuine Suzuki manual site. Now they tell you to go to a dealer. I guess dealers complained about losing a couple bucks.

Now that I think about it, they had started making some of the owner manuals available on that site as a PDF download and I don't see that now....hmmm. Kind of ticks me off that all owner's manuals are not available as a free download. Other companies, like Kawasaki, do (or at least used to). When I go to buy a bike (new or used) I find it very helpful to familiarize myself with it by reading the manual before hopping on it to ride it home.

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
agreed, like make it a law that owners manuals have to be part of the purchase of a new (?) bike, after all , the safety precautions are in there , and a whole lotta bells and whistles stuff you should know, maybe Zuki could throw in an ad or two for refreshing beverages to absorb cost of printing a page saying , don't be stupid. (or some nekkid bike pics)

Reactions: s-steel

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
"could throw in an ad or two for refreshing beverages to absorb cost of printing a page saying , don't be stupid."

Cmon now, thats just ridculous.

" (or some nekkid bike pics)"

now thats a smart idea- Mikey for president!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I bought my 2006 650 12,000 miles, a year or so ago, I couldn't find an operators manual until I went to the Suzuki site and found they would print one for me for about $20 bucks. Apparently, the manual that came with the bike isn't kept in inventory but Suzuki makes them to order. I purchased the original owners manual from Suzuki I would guess around last June so it is likely still available. I bought the shop manual download for about the same $ so I thought $20 was a little high but for routine stuff, it's much more user friendly that the Service ice manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts