Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
The rider but he'll take the Burgman with him.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Here someone accidently open door !

Have no fault insurance .

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I that was here in California I would have expected a crotch rocket to blow past him like he was standing still.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think I saw 190 kmh. That would equal 118 mph. Just amazing. Yeah, he was crazy but he was also very skilled. Splitting traffic like that is just suicide.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
That was in Italy. Saw lots of that sort of riding back in the mid seventies when I lived there. Scared the crap out of me at first. I finally got used to it but never rode like those Italian guys. This guy here in this video is a very skilled rider.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I guess we CA guys are a little jaded. He was definitely riding outside my comfort zone lane splitting, but I didn't think he was crazy, just very skilled and took calculated risks, but risks nevertheless. I've seen worse.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Skilled, yes, but dangerous also.

He might know what he's doing, but all it takes is one motorist to overreact as he comes flying past betweeen them and the vehicle next to them, and a trail of destruction can ensue on a busy road.

Still, it shows what can be done with a Burgman, and a lack of concern for safety!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Skilled, yes, but dangerous also.

He might know what he's doing, but all it takes is one motorist to overreact as he comes flying past betweeen them and the vehicle next to them, and a trail of destruction can ensue on a busy road.

Still, it shows what can be done with a Burgman, and a lack of concern for safety!
The Italian motorists probably expect stuff like that and drive accordingly.

BTW the faster you drive relative to the cars, the less you have to consider them being moving objects. A car can't move sideways without moving forward too.

Once you get used to, it's not dramatic, but I haven't been used to it for many years now.

Part of the reason for me having a Burgman 650 and not a bike with much more speed for the same price is that I know my license, health and life would be endangered.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I did notice him go around the right side of a car that had it's right turn signal(winker) on. I thought that was a little dangerous, but the car didn't come over. So like Erik said "Italian motorists probably expect stuff like that and drive accordingly".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts